Pictured: The inaugural class of the Prince Entrepreneurship Leaders program. (February 2018)
Management is a dynamic and rewarding career arena with many emerging opportunities as more and more organizations recognize the centrality of "people management" to organizational success. Skills in problem-solving, human relations and leading change give graduates an edge in building careers in a wide range of industries, including financial services, retail firms, consulting services, technology, and government. Additionally, the self-awareness and understanding of others that are central to these studies prepare learners for future leadership engagements of all types. Many past students work in human resources functions within large organizations while others have started their own entrepreneurial ventures.
The department is home to multiple experiential leadership and competition teams that allow students to hone their interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Business Ethics Case Competition Team
- Family Enterprise Case Competition Team
- Prince Entrepreneurship Leaders Program
2017-18 Competition Results
|1st Place - 2018 Cairns Foundation Innovation Challenge|
|2nd Place - 2018 Cairns Foundation Innovation Challenge|
Business Ethics Case Competition Team
|2nd Place in Full Presentation and 1st Place in 10-minute presentation - 2018 International Business Ethics Case Competition|
|Prince Entrepreneurship Leaders Program
|2nd Place - Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization Southeast Regional Competition|
|Business Ethics Case Competition Team
Will Giberson and Nate Smith
|3rd Place - 2017 Collegiate Ethics Case Competition|
Department of Management majors must complete the School of Business Administration Experiential Learning Requirement. The ELR requires that students complete two significant experiential learning requirements as a requirement for graduation.
Department of Management students can receive elective business course credit for completing an approved, supervised internship. Most recently, interns have worked with Frontier Communications, the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Orlando Science Center, Brown & Brown Insurance Companies and various government agencies. In previous years, interns have worked at Sea World, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Target Stores, Marriott hotels, Dillard's stores, NASCAR and United Way.
Scholarships and Awards
Department of Management majors may be eligible for scholarships from a variety of sources in addition to the financial aid offered through the university. Each year, Stetson University and the Stetson Business School Foundation award the following awards:
- Business School Foundation Merit Award for Business Administration
- Business School Foundation Merit Award for Business Law
- Business School Foundation E. C. Furlong Merit Award for Management
- Business School Foundation Merit Award for Family Enterprise
- Business School Foundation Merit Award for International Business
- Business School Foundation Merit Award for the Prince Entrepreneurship Program
- Chris Davies Business Endowed Scholarship
- Monique Forte Endowed Scholarship
- Adam Mullen Successful Student Award