Areti Vogel, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Management
Areti Vogel, Ph.D., recently earned her Ph.D. in consumer, apparel and retail studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She also holds a J.D. and a B.B.A. in marketing from Stetson University, as well as an M.B.A. from IFA Paris. Before transitioning into academia, Dr. Vogel practiced law (focusing on civil litigation, corporate law, real estate, elder law and estate planning and probate) while managing firm marketing strategy and consulting existing businesses and emerging entrepreneurs. Her work has appeared in the Journal of Product and Brand Management, and her research and teaching interests include the areas of marketing and consumer behavior, branding and intellectual property, business and consumer ethics, international business, retail and services, trend imitation and consumption and communication.
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law
- M.B.A., IFA Paris
- B.B.A., Stetson University
- International Business and Culture
- Professional Communications
- The Legal, Social and Ethical Environment of Business
- Branding and intellectual property
- Consumer behavior, ethics and identity
- Consumption and communication
- Retail and services marketing
- Trend imitation
- Vogel, A. T., & Watchravesringkan, K. (2017). Consumer evaluations of trend imitation: Brand equity, consumer attitudes, and preference. Journal of Product and Brand Management, 26(5), 516-527.
- Vogel, A. T., Cook, S. C., & Watchravesringkan, K. (2017). Luxury brand dilution: Investigating the impact of renting on brand equity. Journal of Brand Management. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Phone: 386-822-7418