The J.J. Master Center Professionalism Certificate provides students with experiential learning opportunities resulting in a competitive advantage in the workforce through expert-led seminars, book club meetings, peer networking sessions and a micro internship. Students also complete the program with ELR credit and five cultural credits.
Prior to applying for the Spring 2024 cohort, please review the following information.
The deadline to apply for the Spring 2024 cohort is November 15th (application button below under "Program Registration").
You must also attend a virtual information session to enroll in this certificate:
Accepted applicants will be contacted on November 21st.
In order to complete and receive your certificate requires attendance at all seminars, book club meetings, and peer networking sessions listed below under "Program Structure". No partial credit will be given. Below are the dates for the Spring 2024 cohort, please make sure that you are available these days and times.
Certificate Track Requirements
The Professionalism Certificate program is free to Stetson students. Participation requirements include attendance and participation in:
- Five seminars
- Three networking meetings
- Three book club meetings
- Completion of the following deliverables:
- Four internal student/faculty newsletters to be completed in a group setting
- Current event fifteen-minute presentation to be completed in a group setting
- Networking activity and individual presentation
- SWOT project and individual presentation
- Final reflection individual presentation
Certificate Plus Track Requirements (ELR)
For students seeking ELR, you will need all of the above requirements in addition to:
- Completion of micro-internship amounting to ten hours. Career and Professional Development (CaPD) has a partnership with Parker Dewey that pairs students with a broad range of companies for micro-internships.
- Post-completion of micro-internship students must submit proof of completion via Canvas.
Program Structure Spring 2024
Seminar One: Be Knowledgeable
January 26, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Seminar Two: Be Connected
February 16, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Networking Meeting One
February 23, 9 - 10 a.m.
Book Club Meeting One: The Way of the Shepherd
February 23, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Seminar Three: Be Aware
March 1, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Networking Meeting Two
March 22, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Book Club Meeting Two: A True Professional (part 1)
March 22, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Seminar Four: Be Polished
April 5, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Networking Meeting Three
April 12, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Book Club Meeting Three: A True Professional (part 2)
April 12 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Seminar Five: Be Organized
April 26, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
If you are selected for the Fall 2023 cohort, you will need to buy, rent, or borrow these books: