The J.J. Master Center Professionalism Certificate provides students with experiential learning opportunities resulting in a competitive advantage in the workforce through expert-led seminars, book club meetings, peer networking sessions and a micro internship. Students also complete the program with ELR credit and five cultural credits.
Prior to applying for the Fall 2022 cohort, please review the following information.
The deadline to apply for the Fall 2022 cohort is August 1 (application button below under "Program Registration".
You must also attend a virtual information session to enroll in this certificate:
Required Zoom Virtual Information Session July 15, 2 - 3 p.m. Sign up here.
Accepted applicants will be contacted on August 15.
In order to complete and receive your certificate requires attendance at all seminars, book club meetings, and peer networking sessions listed below under "Program Structure". No partial credit will be given. Below are the dates for the Fall 2022 cohort, please make sure that you are available these days and times.
Certificate Track Requirements
The Professionalism Certificate program is free to Stetson students. Participation requirements include attendance and participation in:
- Five in-person seminars
- Three virtual networking meetings
- Three virtual book club meetings
- Completion of the following deliverables:
- Four internal student/faculty newsletters to be completed in a group setting
- Current event fifteen-minute presentation to be completed in a group setting
- Networking activity and individual presentation
- SWOT project and individual presentation
- Final reflection individual presentation
Certificate Plus Track Requirements (ELR)
For students seeking ELR, you will need all of the above requirements in addition to:
- Completion of micro-internship amounting to ten hours. Career and Professional Development (CaPD) has a partnership with Parker Dewey that pairs students with a broad range of companies for micro-internships.
- Post completion of micro-internship students must submit the following deliverables via Canvas:
- Official internship offer letter or acceptance email
- Internship job description (must meet Stetson Internship Criteria)
- Submit proof of hours completed (timesheet or supervisor signed hours tracking form)
- Submit a reflection video or an essay upon completion of an internship
- Performance evaluation by employer supervisor
- Updated CAPD approved resume and updated LinkedIn profile link
- Portfolio of deliverables for certificate
Program Structure 2022
Seminar One: Be Knowledgeable
August 26, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Seminar Two: Be Connected
September 9, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Book Club Meeting One: The Way of the Shepherd
September 16, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Networking Meeting One
September 23, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Seminar Three: Be Aware
September 30, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Book Club Meeting Two: A True Professional (part 1)
October 14, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Networking Meeting Two
October 21, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Seminar Four: Be Polished
October 28, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Book Club Meeting Three: A True Professional (part 2)
November 4, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Networking Meeting Three
November 11, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Seminar Five: Be Organized
November 18, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
If you are selected for the Fall 2022 cohort, you will need to buy, rent, or borrow these books: