Kevin P. Taylor
Dr. Taylor brings 20 years of technology entrepreneurship industry experience into the classroom through experiential teaching.
- D.BA, Entrepreneurship, DePaul University
- BA, Economics, DePaul University
- Creativity and Innovation Principles of Entrepreneurship Scaling Entrepreneurial Firms
Areas of Expertise
- Entrepreneurship Venture Capital Strategy Leadership
Dr. Taylor has more than 20 years of high-technology industry experience, holding roles from software developer to entrepreneur to CEO. He has twice appeared on the Inc 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies (2010, 2011) and in 2010 was nominated for the CEO of the Year award by the Illinois Technology Association. Today, he is actively involved in early-stage venture capital and frequently provides strategy consulting to startups. As an educator, in 2011, he was awarded the Coleman Fellowship for innovation in teaching entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneur traits
- Investor Evaluation
- Decision-making Entrepreneurs in the online context
Taylor, K. P., Golden, J., Shore, M., Johnson, J., & Naquin, C. E. Perceived trustworthiness of entrepreneurs based on LinkedIn profiles: The role of smiles and adjectives. Status: Under review.
- Taylor, K. P. (2018). Angel investor motivation as a predictor of investment evaluation. Research-in-progress report presented at the 2018 Midwest Academy of Management Conference, St. Louis, Missouri.