About the School of Business Administration
The study of business has been an important part of the Stetson University curriculum since 1897, longer than at any other Florida college. School of Business Administration students and faculty study in existing and emerging markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia as part of a curriculum designed to enhance scholarship and mentorship. Students learn theory and practical applications and graduate fully prepared to establish successful, meaningful careers in the global marketplace.
The School of Business Administration and the accounting program are both fully accredited at the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Stetson University is one of fewer than 190 elite business schools worldwide that has both business and accounting programs accredited by AACSB International.
As a premier school of business administration, we provide an innovative learning environment in which members of the community act as co-creators of knowledge to develop leaders who are prepared to address the challenges inherent in global organizations.
- As a premier AACSB-accredited business school, we integrate relevance, academic rigor, innovation, and student engagement.
- We encourage learning that occurs inside the classroom as well as through experiential and service opportunities.
- We expect the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and ethical behavior.
- We intentionally seek to diversify our community and our perspectives.
- We support scholarship and other intellectual activity that advances our disciplines, impacts business practices and enriches student learning.
- We maintain currency through engagement with business and other entities, professional organizations and academic communities.