- MAcc Degree
- 100% Online
- Optional Tracks in Tax and Data Analytics
In one year, gain the knowledge, skills and credentials you need for long-term success. The Stetson Master of Accountancy program is a proven path to career advancement and global opportunities in accounting, providing you with the technical competencies that top organizations require and the professional skills to set you apart. It provides the flexibility you need through both live-online faculty interaction and asynchronous coursework.
The accounting curriculum is taught in accelerated, five-week sessions designed to maximize your connection with the faculty and your peers, creating a vast professional network. There are no residency requirements.
The program’s Tax Track is comprised of three online courses (ACCT 503 – Tax Research, ACCT 540 – Taxation of U.S. Corporations, and ACCT 541 – Taxation of Partnerships) ideal for individuals interested in focusing on taxation in their careers. These courses can be taken independently or as part of the ten courses required for the Master of Accountancy degree.
The Data Analytics Track is comprised of three online courses (BSAN 527 – Machine Learning for Business Decision, BSAN 525 – Programming for Analytics, and BSAN 501 – Special Topics) designed to meet the increasing demand from both employers and graduates to be skilled in technologies that are shaping the future of the profession.
Globally, nationally, and state-wide, Stetson’s accounting programs consistently rank high in student pass rates on the Uniform CPA Exam:
- In 2018, Stetson ranked in the top 7% worldwide.
- In 2017, the MAcc program garnered the #1 pass rate in the state of Florida for first-time test-takers with advanced degrees.
- Stetson has a history of preparing students to succeed on the Uniform CPA Examination®. The average pass rate for all Stetson test-takers over the past ten years is 60%, outperforming the Florida average of 52% and the worldwide average of 48%.
Learn more about the Department of Accounting.
- Dual AACSB accreditation
- 30 credits accomplished in ten, five-week courses - completion in as little as one year
- 100% online course delivery with optional live interactive sessions with faculty
- Superior student performance on the uniform CPA exam (ranked in top 7% world-wide)
- Tracks in Tax and Data Analytics
- Excellent placement of graduates
Our program faculty includes award-winning teacher-scholars and accomplished professionals who bring years of experience in practice as well as diverse research expertise to the MAcc program. Whether you are interested in advancing your career, preparing for the Certified Public Accountant examination or refreshing your accounting knowledge and skills, our faculty will help you get there.
- Shahram Amiri, Ed.D., College of William and Mary
- Fred K. Augustine, Jr., PhD, Florida State University, Chair of Decision and Information Sciences
- Michael Bitter, PhD, University of Mississippi; CPA, CGMA
- Charles Brandon, PhD, University of Georgia
- Valrie Chambers, PhD, University of Houston; CPA
- Patrick Knipe, MAcc, Stetson University; CPA
- Patrick McNamee, MS, University of Virginia; CPA
- Erin Nickell, PhD, University of Central Florida; CPA
- Maria Rickling, PhD, Florida International University, Director of the Master of Accountancy Program
- Lisa Smith-Jones, MAcc, Stetson University; CPA
Patrick Brundage, '17, MAcc '18, CPA, Senior Audit Assistant - Deloitte & Touche LLP
In the Stetson Accounting program, I benefited from the experienced faculty who created an effective hands-on learning environment. The program provided me the training, guidance, and opportunities to make connections in the field which allowed me to participate in relevant internships, to pass the CPA exam upon graduating from the MAcc program, and to launch my career with my first choice firm.
Kari Pritchard, '07, MAcc '18, CPA, Tax Auditor I – North Carolina Department of Revenue
Nearly a decade after graduating from Stetson with my BA in English, I decided to return to school so I could pursue a career in accounting. I felt very lucky to earn admittance into Stetson's Master of Accountancy program. The program was very fulfilling, and the experiences and academic challenges it provided me definitely paid off. After graduation, I was able to find a job I love and am in the process of obtaining CPA licensure. I am very grateful that I earned my MAcc from such a prestigious university and that I was able to study under several amazing professors. Returning to Stetson was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Carleigh Alfrey, '19, MAcc '20, CPA, Staff Accountant – Spicer Jeffries LLP
The Accounting programs at Stetson, both undergraduate and MAcc are beyond compare. The faculty truly cares about your success as a student and in future endeavors. I have made countless friends throughout my 4 years at Stetson that I still talk to and study with. The graduate program at Stetson allowed me to streamline my Masters education and complete it through an entirely online platform. I finished the program in roughly 10 months and am now moving on to conquer the CPA exams.
MAcc alumni earn higher salaries than accountants with only a bachelor's degree and can choose from among career opportunities with the following:
- Local, state and federal government.
- Local, regional and national CPA firms.
- Corporations and other for-profit entities of all sizes.
- Nonprofit organizations, including educational institutions.
Our alumni have been hired and proven successful at the following companies/firms:
Use the Career Insight tool to see what opportunities look like for you.