- Master of Accountancy
In as little as one year, gain the knowledge, skills and credentials you need for long-term success. The Stetson Master of Accountancy program is a proven path to career advancement and global opportunities in accounting — providing you with the technical competencies that top organizations require and the professional skills to set you apart. Also, it provides the flexibility you need through both live-online faculty interaction and asynchronous coursework.
For more information, call our Office of Admissions today at 386-327-2290.
Why Accounting at Stetson University?
The Online MAcc program can help you achieve your goal of passing the CPA exam, securing your first job, advancing your career, or making a career change. Benefits include:
- 100% online coursework, with concentrations in Assurance/Reporting/Analytics and tax available based on demand.
- The 10-course program can be completed in as little as one year with no residency requirement.
- Courses are offered over eight-week terms.
- One of less than 195 institutions world-wide that have achieved dual accreditation in business and accounting by AACSB.
- Small class sizes and passionate, dedicated faculty who offer individualized attention and support.
- Graduates consistently outperform state, national and global CPA exam pass rate averages.
- Flexible, weekly interactive virtual sessions with faculty members.
- "Fast Track" admission option may be available to well-qualified candidates with an undergraduate degree from Stetson or a partner institution.
- Merit scholarship availability for qualified students through Stetson School of Business Foundation, the Florida Institute of CPAs and the Florida Board of Accountancy.
Learn more about the Department of Accounting.
- Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Online Dual Healthcare Administration + Business Administration (MHA + MBA) with Advent Health University
- Juris Doctor + Master of Business Administration (JD + MBA)
- Master of Science + Master of Business Administration (MS + MBA) Concurrent with University of Florida Health
"The Accounting programs at Stetson, both undergraduate and MAcc, are beyond compare. The faculty truly cares about your success as a student and in future endeavors. I have made countless friends throughout my four years at Stetson that I still talk to and study with. The graduate program at Stetson allowed me to streamline my master's education and complete it through an entirely online platform."
Carleigh Alfrey '19, MAcc '20, CPA, Staff Accountant – Spicer Jeffries LLP
"In the Stetson Accounting program, I benefited from the experienced faculty who created an effective hands-on learning environment. The program provided me the training, guidance, and opportunities to make connections in the field which allowed me to participate in relevant internships, to pass the CPA exam upon graduating from the MAcc program, and to launch my career with my first choice firm."
Patrick Brundage '17, MAcc '18, CPA, Audit and Assurance Senior – Deloitte & Touche LLP
MAcc alumni earn higher salaries than accountants with only a bachelor's degree and can choose from among career opportunities with the following:
- Local, state and federal government
- Local, regional and national CPA firms
- Corporations and other for-profit entities of all sizes
- Nonprofit organizations, including educational institutions
This program is designed to equip individuals for professions in which state-regulated professional licensure or certification may be available.
Our program faculty includes award-winning teacher-scholars and accomplished professionals who bring years of experience in practice as well as diverse research expertise to the MAcc program. Whether you are interested in advancing or re-directing your career, preparing for the Certified Public Accountant examination or refreshing your accounting knowledge and skills, our faculty will help you get there.
- Shahram Amiri, Ed.D., College of William and Mary
- Michael Bitter, PhD, University of Mississippi; CPA, CGMA
- Valrie Chambers, PhD, University of Houston; CPA
- Monica Mendoza, PhD, University of Florida; CPA
- Erin Nickell, PhD, University of Central Florida; CPA; Director of the Master of Accountancy Program
The accounting curriculum is taught in eight-week sessions designed to maximize your connection with the faculty and your peers, creating a vast professional network. There are no residency requirements, and most students complete the MAcc in one year.
Globally, nationally and state-wide, Stetson's accounting programs historically consistently rank high in student pass rates on the Uniform CPA Exam. In the past few years that data is available, it has ranked in the top 7% worldwide and #1 in Florida.
The following three business foundation courses are required of all applicants:
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Business Statistics
- Business Finance
The following five accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants:
- Individual Income Tax
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
- Accounting Information Systems (or, for the online program, a suitable C.I.S./M.I.S. course)
- Data Analytics (accounting-specific)*
* Applicants not presenting an accounting-specific data analytics course must take ACCT 510 as part of the Master of Accountancy program.
Note: Students entering the program without having completed an introductory financial statement auditing course will be required to take ACCT 406 (or the equivalent) before taking ACCT 516.
See for yourself why Stetson continues to be a top spot for learning and exploring.Visit