Professor of Decision and Information Sciences
Shahram Amiri, PhD, has extensive experience as a CIO and senior executive and has been published widely. He has led large IT organizations at multiple universities, including Stetson, and has helped children from underserved communities with his Make-It-Take-It After School Program.
- Ed.D., higher education administration, College of William and Mary
- MS, computer science, Old Dominion University
- BS, computer science, Old Dominion University
- Business Driven Technology
- Business Intelligence
- Business Process Management
- Ethics and Technology
- Systems Analysis and Design
Areas of Expertise
- Decision and Information Sciences
Shahram Amiri is the chair of the Department of Decision and Information Sciences at the School of Business Administration of Stetson University. He is also a faculty member with Salzburg Seminars in Salzburg, Austria.
As a CIO and a senior executive for over 20 years, he has provided leadership and direction for large IT organizations at four different institutions of higher learning: Norfolk State University, Christopher Newport University, Williams College and Stetson University. In each case, he posted a track record of successful, cost-effective and productive IT innovation and implementation.
Because of his strong commitment to serving the community and state, he founded and served as president and chief executive officer of the Institute for the Study of Digital Inclusion, a nonprofit organization. ISDI's mission is to promote the use of effective and affordable technology and enhance individual lives. Over 1,000 students (2003-2011) from underserved communities in Florida graduated from the Institute (The Make-It-Take-It After School Program) where they learned Internet literacy and built and received their own computers.
Professor Amiri has taught at Stetson University since 2003. His research includes the impact of information and communication technology on e-commerce, e-health, e-learning, e-government, socio-economics and gross domestic product. His writing has been published in many academic and scientific journals: International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, AI & Society, IBM Journal of Research, Development and International Journal of Business and Humanities and Technology.
- The impact of information and communication technology on e-commerce, e-health, e-learning, e-government, socio-economics and the gross domestic product.
- Amiri, S., MacFarlane, K. E. (2013). "Information Communication Technology implementation in Singapore and its implications for economic growth." To appear in The Business Review Cambridge.
- Amiri, S., Brian, R. (2013). Internet Penetration and its Correlation to Gross Domestic Product: An Analysis of the Nordic Countries. 3(2), 12. www.ijbhtnet.com
- Amiri, S., Campbell, S. D. (2013). China's Government Expenditures, Policies, and Promotion of the ICT Industry. To appear in Centre for Promoting Ideas.
- Amiri, S. "Potential obstacles and opportunities: development and future of Indian e-commerce." International Journal of Electronic Commerce Studies.
- Amiri, S., Stryker, J. P. (2013). "Social media's application in brand profitability." The Journal of Global Business & International Management, 6(1), 13-18.
- Amiri, S., Oliphant, G. (2012). "The Economic Impact of the Adoption and Implementation of ICTs in Developing Nations: The Case of Chile." To appear in The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, VOL.18(May 2012), 9.
- Amiri, S. "The Republic of South Africa: the slow growth of a promising future." To appear in International Journal of Applied Science and Technology (IJAST), 9.
- Amiri, S. "The Social Media Adoption and Implementation of ICTs in Cuba." Journal of Information Systems Technology & Planning.
- Amiri, S. (2011). "The e-volution of the i-society in the delivery of e-government." AI & Soc, (2010) 25:359-368(Volume 25), 359-368.
- Amiri, S. (2010). "Energizing the E-conomy: the gulf cooperation council experience." E-Business Review, Volume X(2010), 18-22.
- Amiri, S., B. R. (2010). "Information and communication technology impact on Asia and the Pacific." Journal of Information Systems Technology & Planning, 2(3), 4.
- Amiri, S. (2009). "The effects of information and communication technology on at risk children of low economic status: Make It-Take It After-School Case Study." International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, Vol. 5(Issue 3), 6.
- Amiri, S. (2009). "E-Learning: Enabling United Nation's Millennium Development Goals." To appear in E-Business Review, IX(1550-7793), 5.
- Amiri, S. (2009). "E-Health/Telemedicine: A framework for technological transfer of essential healthcare services." To appear in E-Business Review, IX(1550-7793), 6.
- Amiri, S. (2009). "E-Learning: Promoting Lifelong Learning in Developing Nations through Technology-Transfers." Journal of Information Systems Technology & Planning, Volume 2(Issue 1), 32-39.