Professor of Decision and Information Sciences
Dr. Rao started his academic career at the College of Business Administration at Bowling Green State University in Ohio and served as professor, chair of the department of applied statistics and operations research, senior associate dean, and interim dean of the College of Business Administration.
- Ph.D., operations research, University of Toronto, 1983
- M.Tech., industrial management, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 1974
- B.E., mechanical engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, 1972
- Management Science (Spreadsheet Modeling)
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations and Information Management
- Introduction to Business Statistics
- Stochastic Models for Decision Making
- Computer Simulation of Management Systems
Areas of Expertise
- Making business decisions
- Research productivity
B. Madhu Rao earned a Ph.D. in engineering from the University of Toronto. He started his academic career at the College of Business Administration at Bowling Green State University in Ohio and served as professor, chair of the department of applied statistics and operations research, senior associate dean, and interim dean of the College of Business Administration. During this period, he was recognized for his undergraduate and graduate teaching, research productivity, administrative leadership and service to the university.
He comes to Stetson University from Atkinson Graduate School of Management at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon, where he served as senior associate dean for two years. His professional experience also includes serving as a member of the technical staff at AT&T Bell Laboratories, visiting faculty at the National University of Singapore and as industrial engineer for a major engineering firm in India.
- Algorithmic methods in modeling and analysis of stochastic systems
- Modeling and analysis of manufacturing systems
- OR applications in computer and communication systems
- Simulation: Modeling and statistical analysis
- B. Madhu Rao and J. Belien, Multiproduct Multi-period Production Scheduling with Setup Times: A Comprehensive Example on the Application of Linear Programming and its Extensions, INFORMS Transactions on Education. Volume 15(1), 150-153, 2014.
- B. Madhu Rao, A decision support model for warranty servicing of repairable items, Computers and Operations Research, Volume 30, pp 112-130, 2011.
- Rao, B. M., Algorithms for free replacement warranties with phase type Product lifetimes, IIE Transactions, Volume 27, 348-357, 1995.
- Pinto, P. A. and B. M. Rao, Joint Lot Sizing and Scheduling for Multistage Multiproduct Flowshops, International Journal of Production Research, Volume 30, 1137‑1152, 1992.
- Neuts, M. F. and B. M. Rao, On the Design of a Finite Capacity Queue with Phase Type Service Times and Hysteretic Control, European Journal of Operations Research, Volume 62, 221‑240, 1992.