Assistant Professor of Finance
Dr. West's background includes professional audit experience with the Deloitte & Touche Assurance Practice in Tampa, Fla.
- Ph.D., business administration, Florida State University
- M.S., finance, Florida State University
- B.S., accounting, Florida State University
- B.A., English literature, Florida State University
- Business Finance
- Multinational Finance
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate finance
- Financial decisions based on culture
Jessica West joins the finance faculty at Stetson University as an assistant professor and Ph.D. graduate from Florida State University. Her background includes professional audit experience with the Deloitte & Touche Assurance Practice in Tampa, Fla. She expects that her Tampa experience will serve as an asset in the classroom. Her research interests include all areas of corporate finance with a focus on executive compensation, behavioral finance and international finance. Her major professor was Dr. James Ang at Florida State University. West firmly believes that students succeed when they work closely with their professors in a manner that Stetson University uniquely provides. She seeks to provide innovative instruction, which challenges and inspires students who will shape business industry regionally and internationally, while reaffirming core values of integrity, respect, innovation and leadership in their daily work. She loves her role as an instructor and mentor in the classroom and is very excited to work with students. She is so thrilled to stay in the sunshine state where she can learn and grow.
- Executive compensation: CEO compensation and firm performance
- International finance: cultural difference and its impact on financial decision
- Governance: corporate governance and firm performance