Assistant Professor of Practice
William Sause holds a PhD in computer science from Nova Southeastern University and brings to the classroom more than 15 years' experience as a software engineer in organizations such as Lockheed Martin, Raydon Corporation and McKesson Corporation.
- PhD, computer science, Nova Southeastern University
- Programming for Analytics
- Databases and Big Data
- Introduction to Business Analytics
Areas of Expertise
- Business e-simulation for education purposes
- Virtual environments for e-learning
William Sause is an Assistant Professor of Practice in the Department of Business Systems and Analytics at Stetson's School of Business. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Nova Southeastern University and has over fifteen years of professional experience as a software developer for corporations such as Lockheed Martin and McKesson. At Stetson's School of Business, William teaches courses in programming, databases and big data, management information systems, and spreadsheet modeling. His research interests include virtual environments for e-learning and data visualization, software development, and artificial intelligence.
- Software development
- Virtual reality
- Machine learning
- Al-Haddad, S., Thorne, B., Ahmed, V., & Sause, W. (2019). "Teaching information technology alongside business analytics: Case study." Journal of Education for Business, 94(2), 92-100.
- Sause, W., Woodside, J., & Amiri, S. (2017). "Learning Data Visualization through Virtual Reality." In EdMedia+ Innovate Learning (pp. 401-406). Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Sause, W., Woodside, J., & Amiri, S. (2016). "The Development of a Virtual Reality Business Simulation for E-Learning." In E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning.
- Sause, W., Woodside, J., & Amiri, S. (2016). "Applying Virtual Reality to Business Simulations for E-Learning." In EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology Vol. 2016, No. 1, pp. 1714-1718.
- Woodside, J. M., Sause, W., & Amiri, S. (2016). "Autonomic Assessments: An E-Learning Model." In EdMedia: World Conference on Educational Media and Technology, Vol. 2016, No. 1, pp. 583-585.
- Woodside, J. M., Amiri, S., & Sause, W. (2015). "The Internet of Things in E-Learning." In E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, Vol. 2015, No. 1, pp. 1207-1210.
- Sause, W. (2013). "Coordinated Reinforcement Learning Agents in a Multi-agent Virtual Environment." In Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2013 12th International Conference on Vol. 1, pp. 227-230. IEEE.