Executive Director of Graduate Programs | Associate Professor of Decision and Information Sciences
Petros Xanthopoulos's research has appeared in journals like Omega, Annals of Operations Research, Expert Systems with applications and IEEE Transaction of Information Technology in Biomedicine.
- PhD, philosophy industrial and systems engineering, University of Florida, 2011
- MS, industrial and systems engineering, University of Florida, 2008
- BS, engineering electronics and computer engineering, Technical University of Crete, Greece, 2005
Xanthopoulos received his PhD and MSc from Industrial and Systems Engineering Department at the University of Florida and a Diploma of Engineering from the Technical University of Crete, Greece. His teaching and scholar interests include the areas of big data analytics, data mining, optimization and operations management. He has served as assistant professor and Lockheed Martin faculty fellow at the University of Central Florida.
Xanthopoulos's research has appeared in journals like Omega, Annals of Operations Research, Expert Systems with applications and IEEE Transaction of Information Technology in Biomedicine. His research has been funded by the Florida Department of Transportation and the Office of Naval Research. He is associate editor of Optimization Letter (Springer) and he has served as a reviewer for more than 30 peer-reviewed publications and conferences. He is a member of INFORMS and IEEE.
More About Petros Xanthopoulos
Areas of Expertise
- Digital/social media marketing
- Group decisions and negotiations
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Business Statistics
- Data mining
- Operation research
- P. Xanthopoulos, O. Panagopoulos, Y. Bakamitsos and E. Freudmann Hashtag hijacking: what it is, why it happens and how to avoid it. Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing 3(4), pp. 353-362(10), 2016.
- O. P. Panagopoulos, V. Pappu, P. Xanthopoulos, Panos M. Pardalos, Constrained Subspace Classifier For High Dimensional Datasets, Omega, 59, Part A, pp. 40-46, 2016.
- V. Pappu, O. P. Panagopoulos, P. Xanthopoulos, P. M. Pardalos, Sparse Proximal Support Vector Machines for Feature Selection in High Dimensional Datasets, Expert Systems with Applications, 42(23), pp. 9183-9191, 2015.
- T. Razzaghi, P. Xanthopoulos, O. Seref, Constraint relaxation, Cost-sensitive learning and bagging for imbalanced classification problems with outliers, Optimization Letters, (Accepted) DOI: 10.1007/s11590-015-0934-z, 2015.
- S. Haghtalab and P. Xanthopoulos and K. Madani, An unsupervised consensus based method for the trend pattern recognition problem Expert Systems with Applications, 42(19), 6767-6776, 2015.
- O. Seref, T. Razzaghi and P. Xanthopoulos, Relaxed weighted support vector machines. Annals of Operations Research. DOI: 10.1007/s10479-014-1711-6, 2014.  P. Xanthopoulos and T. Razzaghi, A Weighted Support Vector Machine Method Control Chart for Abnormal Trend Pattern Detection. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 70 pp. 134-149, 2014.
- P. Xanthopoulos, M. R. Guarracino, P. M. Pardalos Robust Generalized Eigenvalue Classifiers with Ellipsoidal Uncertainty. Annals of Operations Research, 216(1) pp. 327-342, 2014.
- Madani, K., Sheikhmohammady, M., Mokhtari **, S., Moradi, M. and P. Xanthopoulos. Social Plan- ner's Solution for the Caspian Sea Conflict. Group Decision and Negotiation, 23(3), pp. 579-596, 2013.