Associate Professor, Business Systems and Analytics
Dr. Woodside has over 10 years of professional industry experience in healthcare, information systems, business intelligence and analytics.
- DBA, Cleveland State University
- MBA, Cleveland State University
- BS, Cleveland State University
Joe Woodside, PhD, is an assistant professor of business intelligence and analytics in the Department of Decision and Information Sciences in the School of Business Administration at Stetson University. Joe is also helping lead the Business Intelligence Competency Center, partnering leading organizations together with Stetson University to link faculty and student talent resources, conduct focused research projects, provide input for curriculum, advance educational benefits and drive industry innovation.
Woodside has over 10 years of professional industry experience in healthcare, information systems, business intelligence and analytics. He has held positions with KePRO, a national health care management company as the vice president of health intelligence, with responsibility for health care applications, informatics, business intelligence, analytics, customer relationship management, cloud-based systems deployment strategy, technology roadmaps, database management systems, multiple contract sites, program management and employee wellness systems. He previously held positions with Kaiser Permanente, with responsibility for HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), national claims and electronic health record implementations, national provider identifiers and data analytic initiatives.
More About Joe Woodside
Areas of Expertise
- Healthcare data
- Multi-agent analytical systems
- Business Intelligence, Descriptive Analytics, and Data Visualization
- Predictive Analytics
- Management Information Systems
- Business Systems Analysis and Design
- Technology for Business Transformation
- Health Anamatics: Analytics, Informatics, and Healthcare
- Business intelligence
- Business analytics
- Cloud computing
- Disease detection
- Predictive modeling
- Systems integration
- Database systems
- Pervasive computing
- Social media
- Knowledge management
- Woodside, Joseph M. Applied Health Analytics and Informatics Using SAS. SAS Press, Cary, NC.
- Woodside, Joseph M. Real-world rigour: An integrative learning approach for industry and higher education. Industry and Higher Education.
- Woodside, Joseph M. Organizational health management through metaphor: a mission-based approach. Journal of Health, Organization, and Management.
- Woodside, Joseph M., Augustine, Fred K., Giberson, Will. Blockchain Technology Adoption Status and Strategies. Journal of International Technology and Information Management.
- Amiri, Shahram, Woodside, Joseph M. Emerging markets: the impact of ICT on the economy and society. Digital Policy, Regulation and Governance.
- Thomas, Louise, Woodside, Joseph M. Social Media Maturity Model. International Journal of Healthcare Management.
- Johnson, Asal M., Woodside, Joseph M., Johnson, Allen, Pollack, Jacqueline M. Spatial Patterns and Neighborhood Characteristics of Overall Suicide Clusters in Florida From 2001 to 2010. American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
- Woodside, Joseph M., Amiri, Shahram. Bring Your Own Technology to Education. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics.
- Woodside, Joseph M. A Socio-Technical Approach for Big Data Management. Journal of Health Information Management.
- Woodside, Joseph M. sElection: Software Selection as a Presidential Election Mapping Process. Society for Information Technology and Education.
- Woodside, Joseph M. Health Intelligence Model for Evaluation of Social Media Outcomes. International Conference on Information Technology- New Generations (ITNG).
- Woodside, Joseph M. IT Innovation: Recessionary Service and Staffing Model Perspectives. IEEE International Technology Management Conference (ITMC).
- Woodside, Joseph M, Sikder, Iftikhar U. GIS Application of Healthcare Data for Advancing Epidemiological Studies. Book Chapter: New Technologies for Advancing Healthcare and Clinical Practice.
- Woodside, Joseph M. Business Intelligence Best Practices for Success. International Conference on Information Management and Evaluation.
- Woodside, Joseph M. A BI 2.0 Application Architecture for Healthcare Data Mining Services in the Cloud. The World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering & Applied Computing - International Data Mining Conference.
- Woodside, Joseph M, Sikder, Iftikhar U. Space-Time Cluster Analysis: Application of Healthcare Service Data in Epidemiological Studies. International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics.
- Woodside, Joseph M. Dynamic Healthcare Connectivity and Collaboration with Multi-Agent Systems. Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS).
- Woodside, Joseph M. Neuro-Fuzzy CBR Hybrid: Healthcare Application. World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI).
- Woodside, Joseph M. HOMER - Home-based Online Medical Electronic Record. International Conference on Information Technology- New Generations (ITNG).
- Woodside, Joseph M. Economic Externalities of Healthcare Information Technology. Journal of Health Information Management.
- Woodside, Joseph M. EDI and ERP - A Real-Time Framework for HealthCare Data Exchange. Journal of Medical Systems.
- Sikder, Iftikhar., Woodside, Joseph M. Detection of Space-Time Cluster. International Conference on Information and Communication Technology.
- Woodside, Joseph M. Enabling Technologies of Real-Time Adjudication. ASC X12/WEDI Real-Time Adjudication Conference. Herndon, VA.