Assistant Professor of Sales and Marketing
- PhD, business administration (marketing concentration), Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- MBA, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- BS, business administration, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- BS, marketing, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- BA, foreign language and international trade, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Dena H. Hale earned a triple major (BS degree in business administration, BS degree in marketing, and BA degree in foreign language and international trade) from the Southern Illinois University Carbondale, an MBA degree from Southern Illinois University Carbondale, and her Doctor of Philosophy Business Administration (PhD) in marketing from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Dr. Hale has over 20 years of professional experience in marketing and sales within the services sector. Over the course of her professional career, Dr. Hale has held numerous roles. She has 11 years as a soldier, non-commissioned officer and analyst in the US Army (active), US Army Reserves and Illinois National Guard,]. She has worked as sales representative for transportation/logistics firms and radio advertising. Most recently, Dr Hale has been a successful business owner of a gourmet coffee house, self- and full-service laundromat and offers sales training and consulting to small businesses.
More About Dena Hale
Areas of Expertise
- Sales Communication
- Sales Training
- Small Business Ownerships
- Professional Selling
- Advanced Selling
- Sales Management
- Proven Approaches to Client Relationship Building
- Productive Approaches to Relationship Selling
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Environment: People, Culture, and Change
- Principles of Marketing
- Managerial Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Selling and sales management
- How sales and marketing impact consumer choice
- Salesperson's role in purchase decision quality
- Marketing and Sales -Efficiency in work flow and procedures
- Artificial Intelligence and the evolving role of sales
- Methods for bridging the gap between academia and practice (translational research for business)
- Thakur, Ramendra and Dena Hale (2022), "Strategic Crisis Response: Managerial Implications and Direction for Recovery and Survival", Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. XXX No. XXX. (currently available online ahead of print as of July 20, 2022)
- Thakur, Ramendra, Dhoha AlSaleh, and Dena Hale (2022), "Digital Disruption: A Managers' Eye View", Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, Vol. XX No.XXX. (currently available online ahead of print as of July 20, 2022).
- Hale, Dena, Ramendra Thakur, John Riggs, and Suzanne Altobello (2021), "Consumers' Decision-Making Self-Efficacy for Service Purchases: Construct Conceptualization and Scale", Journal of Services Marketing, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 637-657.
- Thakur, Ramendra, Dena Hale, and Dhoha AlSelah (2020), "Retirement Planning: Its Application To Marketing Practices," Health Marketing Quarterly, 37 (2), pg. 91-107.
- Thakur, Ramendra, Dena Hale, and John Summey, (2018), "What Motivates Consumers to Partake in Cyber Shilling?", Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 26 (1-2); 181-195.
- Thakur, Ramendra, Dena Hale, and Dhoha AlSelah (2018), "Manager's Report: Organizational Culture & Strategy Association," Foresight, 20(4), 375-392.
- Rippe, Cindy, Suri Weisfeld-Spolter, Yuliya Yurova, Alan J. Dubinsky, and Dena Hale (2017), "Under the Sway of a Mobile Device During an In-Store Shopping Experience," Psychology & Marketing, 35 (March), 733-752.
- Hale, Dena, Sarfraz Khan, Ravindra Thakur, and Arifin Angriawan (2017), "Gifted Innovation: An Examination Using Different Business Theories," The Journal of Business Inquiry, 17 (1); 4-22.
- Thakur, Ramendra and Dena Hale (2013), "Service Innovation: A Comparative Study of U.S. and Indian Service Firms," Journal of Business Research, 66; 1108-1123.