three students walking together to class outside

Residential Living and Learning Applications

Residential Living and Learning publishes many applications throughout the year. Whether you're applying to live on-campus or off-campus or requesting to move in early for the summer, spring or fall terms, all current and active applications can be found on your homepage of Housing Central.  Take a minute to review the applications and find the one that best meets your needs.

The application processes and timelines vary depending on your academic status. The Department of Residential Living and Learning strives to tailor the on-campus application process to meet the needs of our varying student groups. To learn more about the process and timeline for your particular student type and group, please click the link below for your specific student type!

 Upper-class students who have satisfied the three-year residency requirement are no longer required to live on campus. These students do not need to submit a Request for Residency Exemption. However, if they wish to continue living on campus, they should reach out to Residential Living & Learning ([email protected]) to request that a Housing Application be added to their Housing Central, as applications are not automatically added for students no longer required to live on campus.

Interested in living off-campus? Stetson University has a three-year Residency Requirement for all students. Only students who meet specific criteria are permitted to live off-campus within their first three years at the university. Learn more about the residency requirement, the different criteria that provide students with an exemption from the residency requirement, and the process to request to live off-campus.

Living Off Campus

The Department of Residential Living and Learning is committed to providing a healthy, inclusive, and safe environment that supports the growth and development of all students. We recognize that some residential environments and configurations may not be completely accessible to all students. Therefore, students may request consideration for their housing assignment in order to have equal access to the residential experience.

ADA Accommodations

A housing freeze is implemented at the beginning of each academic semester so that the staff in Residential Living and Learning have the opportunity to verify that all students have arrived and are in the correct assignment. The housing freeze is typically lifted at the end of the second full week of classes.

After this time period, students may submit a Request for Room Change, which will be reviewed by their Residential Life Coordinator (RLC). The RLC will either approve or reject the request and communicate their decision to the student. If approved, information about when and how the room change will take place will be provided in the communication.

The housing freeze is reinstated during the last five weeks of classes remaining in the semester so that assignment rosters can be finalized for closing processes.

More information is included in the Request for Room Change. Click the link to begin the process!

Request a Room Change

Our residence hall rates are available online. We strive to keep these up-to-date and accurate for your reference.

Housing Rates

Stetson University is unique in allowing residents of specific residential areas to live with their pets. The future of the pet privilege rests on the successful administration of the policy and the willingness of students to abide by and enforce, the policy. The opportunity to bring a pet to campus is a privilege, not a right.

Request for Animal-in-Residence

Frequently Asked Questions

We recognize that many students have questions as they consider on-campus housing. You are invited to review our frequently asked questions page for more assistance!

Housing FAQs