Current Student Housing
Students living on-campus are provided the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop so they can significantly engage in their communities throughout their lives.
Resident Assistants with a desire to cultivate growth in residential communitiesRA
Meal Plans and Student IDs
Hatter1 Card Services manages our student ID cards and meal plans. Learn more about the different meal plans and the many ways our Hatter1 Cards can be used on and off campus.
Moving-in, Out and Around
Whether you are moving out, moving in, or just changing rooms, find out more about all the information you will need.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recognize that many students have questions as they consider on-campus housing and invite you to review our FAQs page for more assistance!
Living On Campus
Stetson University has a vibrant on-campus community that encourages student involvement and instills a sense of community among students. Living on campus is an experience that is unparalleled in facilitating personal growth, promoting intellectual development, and inspiring global citizenship.
Stetson University is proud of its residential campus and its tradition of a vibrant campus community. Therefore, the university has a three-year residency requirement.
Our residence hall rates for the academic year are available online. Our rate structure is based primarily on bedroom and bathroom privacy.
Our residential communities foster student development and learning in a safe and inclusive environment through vibrant educational opportunities that challenge students to lead lives of significance.
We are committed to providing a healthy, inclusive and safe environment. Students may request additional consideration for their housing assignment in order to have equal access to the residential experience.
Stetson University is unique in allowing approved residents of specific residential areas to live with their animals. From dogs and cats to fish and hedgehogs, we know that having an animal is very important for some students.
Learn everything you need to know about living with a roommate on campus from roommate rights and processes to how to build meaningful relationships
Whether you have questions about campus services and resources, where to find a particular piece of information or a frequently asked question, this is your place to find the answers. For general concerns and questions please Residential Living and Learning. If you have a question or concern pertaining directly to your residence hall please contact your RA or contact your RLC.
If you have an emergency please contact Public Safety at 386-822-7300.
If you've been locked out or you are experiencing an issue with keys in a residence hall outside of normal business hours, please contact your RA on duty. If you're experiencing problems during normal business hours, please contact the Residential Living and Learning office.
Submit a SchoolDude Request
The link to SchoolDude is also available on your myStetson home page.
Contact University Facilities by calling 386-822-8810.
SchoolDude Problem Types:
- General Maintenance: Report lights that need to be replaced, doors not closing properly, appliances not functioning, electrical outlets not working, repairs to walls/windows/doors, furniture repairs or replacements, etc.
- Residents are responsible for Lofting/De-lofting their beds. Check out our Bed Lofting Instructional Video for a step-by-step guide! Rubber mallets can be checked out at Residential Living & Learning at University Hall.
- Plumbing: Report sinks/baths/showers that are not draining properly, leaks in bathrooms or kitchens, etc.
- Custodial: Report community bathroom cleanliness concerns and common space cleaning needs (lounges, hallways, community kitchens, etc.).
- Suite and Apartment bathrooms are cleaned prior to move-in. After move-in, residents are responsible for cleaning their suite and apartment bathrooms.
- Suite and Apartment bathrooms are equipped with a shower curtain at move-in. After move-in, residents are responsible for cleaning/replacing shower curtains in suite and apartment bathrooms.
- Apartment common spaces (living room/kitchen) are cleaned prior to move-in. After move-in, residents are responsible for cleaning their apartment commons spaces.
- Painting: Report scratches or damages to paint on walls in your room, suite or apartment.
- Pest Control: Report ants, roaches, wasps/bees, any little critters that should make their homes outside of the buildings
- Grounds: Report overgrown trees/bushes, tree limbs blocking security lights, excessive leaf buildup Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning Services
- Glass/Window Repairs: Report broken glass in windows and doors in your residential room, suite or apartment
- Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning: Be sure to review our Temperature Guide to understand how to operate your thermostat! If you still have concerns after reviewing the guide, report concerns with your Heating and AC in your room, suite or apartment.
If a laundry machine is not working please post a sign on the machine and inform our laundry vendor immediately.
Use the Caldwell & Gregory Insights App.
Learn more about how to use the self-lofting beds to maximize the space in your room and create a more unique living space for you and your roommate.
Learn more about how to streamline your move-in and move-out experience with Storage Scholars. Storage Scholars is the preferred moving, storage, & shipping partner of Stetson University.
Guide to Residential Living & Policies
Learn more about stetson's guide to residential living and other university policies.
Stetson University's housing policies which all students living on campus are expected to adhere.
Stetson University's community expectations and standards which all students are expected to adhere.