Information for Current Members
Attire for Choral Union rehearsals, including dress rehearsals, is casual.
Choral Union members must obtain appropriate performance attire for the concerts. Singers may purchase or borrow any assigned clothing items they don't already have.
Choral Union members must attend at least 11 rehearsals including the dress rehearsal. Failure to do so will result in their not performing in the concert. The dress rehearsal must not be the one you miss if you need to miss a rehearsal.
All rehearsals, unless otherwise noted, will be held at Feasel Rehearsal Hall in McMahan Hall on Stetson University's DeLand campus. McMahan Hall is located at the corner of Woodland Boulevard and Michigan Avenue. Rehearsals will run from 7:15 to 9:15 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- Aug. 25 - First rehearsal
- Sept. 1 - Labor Day (no rehearsal)
- Sept. 8 - Regular rehearsal
- Sept. 15 - Regular rehearsal
- Sept. 22 - Regular rehearsal
- Sept. 29 - Regular rehearsal
- Oct. 6 - Regular rehearsal
- Oct. 13 - Regular rehearsal
- Oct. 20 - Regular rehearsal
- Oct. 27 - Regular rehearsal
- Nov. 3 - Regular rehearsal
- Nov. 10 - Regular rehearsal
- Nov. 17 - Mandatory final rehearsal at First Baptist Church
- Nov. 23 - Fall Concert at First Baptist Church, 1:30 p.m. call
Dues and Fees
Singers from the community are asked to pay $10 in dues per season. These funds will be placed in an agency fund at Stetson University and shall be used at the conductor's discretion to develop the ensemble. Example expenditures may include hiring instrumentalists or soloists and providing social events.
Registered students of Stetson University do not pay the dues whether or not they are registered for Choral Union. If a student is taking any courses at Stetson University, they do not pay dues.
Please see the payments section below for information on paying for printed music.
Thank you for paying online for your expenses. Please follow the instructions closely. There are two links below. In order to ensure that payments go into the proper account, please closely read each link and use the one that applies to you:
- Pay Choral Union Dues (currently $10 per semester)
- Pay for printed music, choir dresses/uniforms, other music, etc.
You can still pay for any and all expenses in person at the School of Music with either cash or a check made payable to "Stetson University."
The fall Choral Union repertoire will be available for purchase at the first rehearsal (see the schedule above). The price for fall 2014 will be $20 per singer. (For community members this music fee is in addition to the regular dues of $10, so the total expense for a community member would be $30 and for a registered student it would be $20.)
Please see the payments section above for information on paying for printed music.
Fall 2014 Repertoire
- Lobgesang by Felix Mendelssohn, Carus choral score, 40.076/05
- Festival Te Deum by Ralph Vaughan Williams, Oxford Univeristy Press S.477
- Bogoroditse Devo by Sergei Rachmaninoff, Musica Russica MRSM RA 028
Score Markings and Rehearsal Recordings
Score markings will be sent out via email. Make sure the managers have a current email address from you.
For the rehearsal recordings, use the link with your part on each composition and hear your part louder than the other parts-- it will help you to learn your part while being able hear the others in the background. If your part is not playing on the piano at the beginning, do not adjust your volume. Your part may come in very loudly. These recordings are designed to give you pitch content and an approach to rhythm.
For more information about the Choral Union, please contact the School of Music's main office at 386-822-8950 or email email@example.com.