Fall Check-In and Move-In
Prior to Arrival
Before coming to campus, be sure you have
- Submitted your Health History Form and Immunization Record to Stetson Health Services. You won't be able to receive keys without having submitted these forms.
- Voluntarily report your COVID-19 vaccination status to Stetson as soon as possible by using this form.
- Read the Guide to Residential Living and the Code of Community Standards.
- Check out our Packing List. It'll give you an idea of what you'll need and what's not permitted in the residential buildings.
- Connect with your roommate(s) to discuss room layout and who's bringing what items that may be shared (e.g., TV, mini-fridge, microwave, etc.).
- Sign up for a Gateway Arrival Clearance Appointment All students completing the check-in process should sign up for an appointment time in late July or early August letting us know when you will be arriving. Appointment times allow for us to better manage the flow of traffic on and around our local streets and minimize the wait time to check-in.
Move-in day is an exciting time for our new and returning students and their families, and we're greatly looking forward to your arrival!
Checking in August 13 - August 14: New First-Year and Transfer Residential Students
Students that will be living on campus will be completing their check-in process at the Lynn Business Center at their scheduled appointment.
August 13, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
August 14, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Checking in August 15 - August 19: Continuing Residential Students
Students that will be living on campus checking in August 15-19th will be completing their check-in process at the Hollis Center Rinker Fieldhouse at their scheduled appointment.
Hollis Center- Rinker Fieldhouse
600 N. Bert Fish Drive, DeLand, FL 32723
August 15, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
August 16, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
August 17, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
August 18, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
August 19, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Checking in After August 19
Students that are unable to check in on our traditional check-in days listed above should complete the Gateway Campus Arrival Accommodations Request Form.
Check-In Instructions and Reminders
- Please try to arrive at or close to your check-in appointment time. Appointments allow for us to better manage the flow of traffic on and around our local streets and minimize the wait time to check-in.
- Ensure that you have the following ready to go prior to entering the check-in line:
- Your Stetson ID number (your 800#)
- A Government Issued ID
- Ensure that your New Hatter Checklist is completed at least 24 hours before arrival . If you do not have your checklist completed, your check-in experience could be delayed.
- Please be prepared for the Florida heat. Bring plenty of water or other hydrating beverages for you and your guests.
- No more than two individuals (family/friends) will be permitted within the residence halls to assist with moving in and must remain masked anytime they are indoors.
Getting set up in your room is an important first step. We encourage you to reach out to your roommate(s) prior to the move-in day to discuss some basic ideas about how to set up the room to your shared preferences. An empty room is full of possibilities and is just waiting for you to add your personal touch. Remember that bunking or lofting your beds (loft kits are available in your residence hall, but are limited - see the posted signs or ask an R.A. on move-in day for where to find one) can really open up the floor space.
Stetson University is an animal-friendly campus. It's important to remember though, that only Stetson Cove Apartments, University Hall, and the 300 building of the University Village Apartments are animal-friendly, so any pets that are helping to send you off to college need to remain outside of the other residence halls and check-in area. All animals must have received prior approval by Residential Living and Learning to live with you in the animal-friendly residence halls, so please be sure you have gone through that process before bringing your animal with you to campus. We accept applications for new pets until June 1.
A lot goes into preparing for over 2000 students' arrival and it's very important that university staff have ample time to finish renovation and maintenance projects, prepare the buildings and train the R.A.'s so that everything is ready when you arrive. Outside of those students who are returning because of their involvement in university-required functions, all new students need to plan to check in August 13 and August 14 and returning students beginning Sunday, August 15.
Residents who are part of an approved early arrival group don't need to submit an individual request as your group leader will request your participation.
Other students may request an early return, but exceptions are rarely given. Residents approved for an early return are subject to a $100 per day early arrival fee. The Early Arrival form and information is available on Housing Central.