Fall Check-In and Move-In
Prior to Arrival
Before coming to campus, be sure you have
- Submitted your Health History Form and Immunization Record to Stetson Health Services. You won't be able to receive keys without having submitted these forms.
- Voluntarily report your COVID-19 vaccination status to Stetson as soon as possible by using this form.
- Read the Guide to Residential Living and the Code of Community Standards.
- Check out our Packing List. It'll give you an idea of what you'll need and what's not permitted in the residential buildings.
- Connect with your roommate(s) to discuss room layout and who's bringing what items that may be shared (e.g., TV, mini-fridge, microwave, etc.)
Move-in day is an exciting time for our new and continuing students and their families, and we're greatly looking forward to your arrival!
Checking in August 13: New First-Year and Transfer Residential Students
Checking in August 14 - August 18: Continuing Residential Students
Check-In Instructions and Reminders
- Please try to arrive at or close to your check-in appointment time. Appointments allow for us to better manage the flow of traffic on and around our local streets and minimize the wait time to check-in.
- Ensure that you have the following ready to go prior to entering the check-in line:
- Your Stetson ID number (your 800#)
- A Government Issued ID
- Ensure that your New Hatter Checklist is completed at least 24 hours before arrival . If you do not have your checklist completed, your check-in experience could be delayed.
- Please be prepared for the Florida heat. Bring plenty of water or other hydrating beverages for you and your guests.
Getting set up in your room is an important first step. We encourage you to reach out to your roommate(s) prior to the move-in day to discuss some basic ideas about how to set up the room to your shared preferences. An empty room is full of possibilities and is just waiting for you to add your personal touch. Remember that bunking or lofting your beds (loft kits are available in your residence hall, but are limited - see the posted signs or ask an R.A. on move-in day for where to find one) can really open up the floor space.
Stetson University is an animal-friendly campus. It's important to remember though, that only Stetson Cove Apartments, University Hall, and the 300 building of the University Village Apartments are animal-friendly, so any pets that are helping to send you off to college need to remain outside of the other residence halls and check-in area. All animals must have received prior approval by Residential Living and Learning to live with you in the animal-friendly residence halls, so please be sure you have gone through that process before bringing your animal with you to campus. We accept applications for new pets until June 1.
A lot goes into preparing for over 2000 students' arrival and it's very important that university staff have ample time to finish renovation and maintenance projects, prepare the buildings and train the R.A.'s so that everything is ready when you arrive. Outside of those students who are returning because of their involvement in university-required functions, all new students need to plan to check in August 13 and continuing students beginning Sunday, August 14.
Residents who are part of an approved early arrival group don't need to submit an individual request as your group leader will request your participation.
Other students may request an early return, but exceptions are rarely given. Residents approved for an early return are subject to a $100 per day early arrival fee. The Early Arrival form and information is available on Housing Central.