University Immunization Policy
All new undergraduate students must fulfill immunization verification requirements through Med+Proctor and submit their Health History form on their New Hatter’s checklist before registering for classes. This includes proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella, also known as MMR vaccine. In addition, residential students are required to have the hepatitis B series and meningitis ACWY immunizations. The meningitis vaccine must have been given on or after the 16th birthday or within 4 years prior to arriving at Stetson University. For hepatitis B or meningitis, a waiver may be signed stating the student understands the disease and the availability of the vaccine but has opted not to be vaccinated.
The immunization verification process is now handled through our partnership with Med+Proctor. Please use the following instructions to submit the proper immunization forms and information:
Sign into your New Hatter Checklist at Med+Proctor .The system will sign you into Med+Proctor using Single Sign-on (SSO).
- Complete your contact information and save to continue.
- Choose your correct term and complete the remaining prompts and click to continue.
- Med + Proctor has optional lifetime access for all students. You may either select to enroll in this access for a one-time fee of $10 dollars to Med+Proctor by selecting the green button. To submit your forms for free, please press the gray button, but you will not have access to your immunization records after submission. Make sure you keep a copy of your records.
- Download the Immunization Form to take to your medical provider or obtain your current immunization record and any supporting documentation. Please note: any other official documents submitted must include your name and signature and signature from a licensed health care provider.
- Once completed you will upload the completed Immunization Form, or your immunization record obtained from your medical provider into Med+Proctor.
- Connect with Med+Proctor to help you through the process via online chat, or by submitting questions to [email protected].
- Please allow two to three business days for processing and verification.
- Be sure to check your Stetson email for all verification updates from Med+Proctor.
Waivers for Hepatitis B and Meningitis
Waivers are available on the Med+Proctor site. If a vaccine-preventable disease occurs on campus, students who have not been vaccinated or do not have immunity verified by lab test may be excluded from attending classes or other campus activities.
A formal Medical Exemption may be completed for persons with certain medical conditions and/or contraindications (permanent or temporary) to certain vaccines. A letter from the student's medical provider (such as a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant) must be submitted to Med+Proctor along with the General Exemption signed form.
If your personal religious beliefs or tenets dictate that you do not receive the required immunizations for enrollment at Stetson University, you may request an exemption by filling out the General Exemption form and attach the required documentation listed on the form.
Please note that students with immunization waivers and/or exemptions on file may be excluded from attending classes or other campus activities if an outbreak of the specific vaccine-preventable disease occurs on campus.
Stetson Health Service strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccines and boosters to protect yourself, your family and the community. These vaccines teach our immune systems how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19. Currently, COVID-19 vaccinations are highly recommended for all Stetson community members. If you already had COVID-19 infection in the past, it is still recommended that you get vaccinated!
Don’t wait! Find a vaccine or booster near you now by visiting find my vaccine.