Certified Financial Planning Finance Concentration
Stetson’s CFP concentration is one of only four undergraduate degree programs in the state of Florida that meet all of the requirements and standards of the CFP Board. Students that complete our CFP program are automatically qualified to sit for the internationally recognized CFP exam.
Stetson’s CFP Concentration meets the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards’ learning objectives and provides instruction in key areas including:
- Financial planning roles and responsibilities
- Planning for insurance needs
- Income taxation for individuals
- Retirement planning
- Principles of investments
- Estate planning strategies
- In the final capstone course, students develop a case study that integrates these concepts into a comprehensive financial plan.
View the course catalog for this concentration, general and foundation requirements.