Internships and Jobs
Students have internship opportunities with brokerage and asset management firms, as well as in financial analysis. Some of the places Stetson students have interned include Brown and Brown, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, KCM Asset Management, ZPR Asset Management, and AAA.
Finance students have gone on to successful careers in brokerage and financial services, financial analysis, and asset management with Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, ZPR Asset Management, Kennedy Capital Management, Waterstreet Captial Management, and others.
Finance Department Internship
The purpose of this four unit course is to provide students with an opportunity to obtain experiential and practical learning by interning with corporations, financial institutions, or government agencies. The Finance Department encourages finance majors to obtain practical experience for their potential career through internships. Students work during the regular semester or during the summer with practitioners in the financial, investment or corporate fields. Interested students should see the Finance Internship Director for the internship application forms.
The objectives of the internship program are to:
- Equip students with the necessary skills for their future job search.
- Expose students to different career opportunities.
- Possess at least junior level status
- Possess at least a 2.5 grade point average
- Possess a declared Business major
- Intern in an organization that is not owned/operated by your immediate family or relative
- Certify that the internship experience is temporary and educationally related
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the entire time within the term the internship is taken.
- Work a minimum of 24 hours per week (8 weeks for the Summer Term)
- Only intern one term, for academic credit, during your time at Stetson University
- Intern in a job directly related to your academic major
- Satisfactorily complete and submit to the Finance Program Director all internship forms in a timely manner
- Students meeting the minimum requirements are not guaranteed acceptance into the Finance Internship Program. Final approval regarding individual student's acceptance into this Program is determined by the Finance Program Director.
- Once approved, students must enroll in FIN 397 in order to receive course credit for the internship.
|Finance Dept. Internship Companies|
|Air Media Shangai|
|American Cancer Society|
|American Express Financial Advisors|
|B & L Financial Architects|
|Brown and Brown|
|China Minsheng Bank|
|D. Carnagie AB|
|Federal Development LLC|
|Fleishel Financial Services|
|Florida Fish & Wildlife|
|Frank Reynolds and Company|
|G.E. Aviation Materials L.P.|
|Indian River National Bank|
|KCM Asset Management|
|La Corona Foods Inc.|
|Marcus and Millichap|
|Private Wealth Mgt.|
|Proxy Aviation Systems|
|Rochester Financial Group|
|Seraton 4 Points|
|Societe Generale Group|
|Sperry Van Ness|
|State Farm Ins.|
|Sterling Capital Management|
|The Newport Group|
|Wells Fargo Advisors|
|Wells Fargo Securitites|
|Wicker Smith Law Office|
|ZPR Investment Management|