- Dr. Jud Stryker, D.B.A., Eugene M. Lynn Professor of Business Administration, was awarded the 2015 Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountant’s Outstanding Educator Award. Stryker is our third recipient, following Professor Joseph J. Master and Dr. Vince Brenner as past recipients.
- Per the N.A.S.B.A. 2012 Uniform CPA Examination Candidate Performance book, the achievement of our students/recent graduates on the CPA examination is as follows:
- The overall pass rate for all Stetson University-educated test takers was 75 percent (the world-wide average was 48.9 percent). This was the second highest pass rate in the state of Florida (out of 26 universities).
- The overall pass rate for Stetson University-educated test takers with a bachelor's degree was 84.6 percent (the highest pass rate in the State of Florida).
- The overall pass rate for Stetson University-educated first time test takers with a bachelor's degree was 75.1 percent (the highest pass rate in the State of Florida).
From 2007-2013, the pass rate for our graduates on the Uniform CPA Exam was 65% (69% for first time test-takers) - significantly higher than the world-wide average pass rate of 48%. In 2009, 2010, and 2012, the pass rate for both all test-takers and first-time test takers with a Stetson bachelor’s degree was highest in the state of Florida.
- Valrie Chambers, Ph.D., joins the faculty as an associate professor of taxation and accounting in fall 2014. Chambers earned her Ph.D. from of the University of Houston and previously served as a professor of accounting at Texas A & M University - Corpus Christi. Her area of expertise is taxation.
- Vince Brenner, Ph.D., David M. Beights Professor of Accounting, received the School of Business Administration's Researcher of the Year Award for 2012-2013.
- Mike Bitter, Ph.D., Rinker Distinguished Professor of Accounting, was a co-recipient of the School of Business Administration's Service Provider of the Year Award for 2013-2014.
- The Rinker Institute had its AACSB accounting accreditation reaffirmed in 2011. The Institute performed a self-study in 2014-2015 in advance of a continuous improvement review by a peer review team in early 2016.
- 20 students received their Master of Accountancy at the May 2015 graduation ceremony.
- 15 accounting majors received their Bachelor of Business Administration at the May 2015 graduation ceremony.
- Stacy Horowitz received the Federation of Schools of Accountancy's Master of Accountancy Student of the Year award for Stetson University.
- Accounting senior Kevin Holbert received the Stetson Business School Foundation, Inc.’s David M. Beights Merit Award for Accounting - an award given to the most outstanding accounting senior.
- Accounting senior Jerica Trotter received the Business School Foundation Paul E. Dascher Outstanding Scholar Award. The award is named for Dean Emeritus (and former accounting faculty member) Paul Dascher.
- The following students were awarded a Master Life Challenger Scholarship for 2015-2016: Kevin Holber, Jerica Trotter, Savana Spooner, Lihn Pham, Nicole Wohn, and Yulida Denisyuk
- Travis Hill received the J. Stephen and Marybeth Pullum Scholarship Award, while Bernadette Salzano and Raisa Santiesteban both received the George Putnam Accounting Award.