For decades, the Institute has enjoyed a strong reputation for producing accounting graduates who have gone on to successful careers in public accounting, business, government and higher education. Some have remained in public accounting and have achieved partner status in their CPA firms. Others have attained positions at the executive level in corporations. Still others have chosen to pursue a career in higher education. Four of the institute's faculty have one or more degrees from Stetson University.
- Tommye Barie, BBA ’93, was elected the 102nd Chair of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants for 2014-2015. She is only the fourth woman to hold this position.
- Jeff Barbacci, BBA ’91 and MAcc ’92, was elected the 87th Chair of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants for 2014-2015.
- Several accounting alumni sit on the Institute's Board of Advisers.
- Accounting alumna Maureen Breakiron-Evans and alumnus Joe Cooper are members of the Stetson University Board of Trustees. Breakiron-Evans was awarded the prestigious Master Accountant Award in May 2014. She is only the fourth recipient of this award, which is made in honor of Joseph J. "JJ" Master - a legendary Stetson accounting professor.
- Alumnus Pat Knipe, former Chair of the Florida Institute of Public Accountants and a current member of the Accounting Board of Advisers, was the recipient of the Master Accountant Award in Spring, 2015. He joins past award winners Robert Harris, William Ferrara, George Shierling, and Breakiron-Evans.
- Our 2014-2015 Master of Accountancy graduates have been employed by CPA firms and corporations such as James Moore and Company; Ernst and Young, LLP; McGladrey, LLP; Moore Stephens Lovelace; J. Larsen and Company; and Verizon.
Have you passed the CPA exam? Gotten a new job? Received a promotion? Have other good news to share? Please contact Mike Bitter, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.