The information below applies to new and current Stetson students that are moving to residential housing for the first time this academic year.
Prior to Arrival
Before coming to campus, be sure you have completed the following:
- New Stetson Students Only: Submit your Health History Form and Immunization Record to Stetson Health Service. You will not be able to receive your residential keys if you have not submitted these forms.
- Read the Guide to Residential Living and the Code of Community Standards.
- Check out our Packing List. It'll give you an idea of what you'll need and what is not permitted in the residential buildings.
- Connect with your suite/apartment-mate(s) to discuss room layout and who's bringing what items that can be shared (e.g., TV, mini-fridge, microwave, etc.). Roommate contact information is available on your Housing Central home page after housing assignments have been released.
Spring Check-In Information
It's very important that university staff have ample time to finish renovation and maintenance projects, prepare the buildings and train the R.A.s so that everything is ready when you arrive. Outside of those students who are returning because of their involvement in university-required functions, all continuing students for Spring 2023 should plan to check in on or after the Spring Move In Day; January 5th for New Students attending FOCUS Orientation and January 8th for Continuing Students.
- All New Stetson Students attending FOCUS Orientation may check in as early as Wednesday, January 5th at University Hall during our business hours (Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm).
- Residents who are part of an approved early arrival group do not need to submit an individual request this year; your group leader will request your participation. If you believe you are part of an approved early arrival group, please check with your group leader to confirm.
- All other students may request an early arrival to campus, but requests are only approved for extenuating circumstances. The Early Arrival form and information will be available on Housing Central from November 1 to January 4.
- Getting Settled
Some students will be living in a suite or apartment and will have suite-mates or apartment-mates. We encourage you to reach out to your suite-mages(s)/apartment-mate(s) prior to the move-in day to discuss some basic ideas about how to set up the room to your shared preferences. Most often students moving in for the Spring Semester will have a suite-mate/apartment-mate who lived on campus for Fall, therefore it is important to communicate about the way the room/suite/apartment is currently set up and what adjustments can be made to welcome a new roommate!
Stetson University is an animal-friendly campus. It's important to remember that only Stetson Cove Apartments, University Hall, and the 300 buildings of the University Village Apartments are animal-friendly. So, any pets that are helping to send you off to college need to remain outside of the other residence halls and check-in area.
All animals living on campus must be approved by Residential Living & Learning to live with you in our three animal-friendly residence halls prior to arrival on campus. So, please be sure you have complete the application and approval process before bringing your animal with you to campus. We accept applications for new animals until January 4th.