The Gillespie Museum
The Gillespie Museum features one of the premier historic mineral collections in the southeast, and seasonally changing exhibits on an array of earth science and natural history topics. With native ecology interpretive and research areas and other multiuse eco-areas across its grounds, and a dedication to inspired environmental programming, the Gillespie has become a center for science education on campus, in the local community, and beyond.
Dates at a Glance
- November 14 - Rescheduled - Science Café - Florida Stewards, Gallery Talk with photographer Dustin Angell, 6-8 p.m., RELC
- November 15 - Rescheduled - Stetson Stewards Photo Booth with Dustin Angell, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., RELC
- Early December - Rock Your Stocking! Holiday Shopping at the Gillespie Museum Shop
- January 16 - Science Café - Florida Stewards, Opening and Gallery Talk with photographer Dustin Angell, 6-8 p.m., RELC
- February 5 - Science Café - The Ecology of Port Royal Sound, Kristen Mattson, 7-8:30 p.m.
- February 8 - Science Saturday - We Love Rocks and Minerals, 10 a.m.-noon
- February 27 - Science Café - Florida's Own Gems: Agatized Fossil Corals, Sam Upchurch and Gary Maddox, 7-8:30 p.m.
- March 19 - Science Café - Facing Down Disaster: Selected Tales of Resilience Planning from the Southeastern Coastal Zone, Jason Evans, 7-8:30 p.m.
- March 21 - Science Saturday - Physics Extravaganza, 10 a.m.-noon
- April 18 - Science Saturday - Earth Day Celebration, 10 a.m.-noon
View all current Museum Exhibits, as well as an archive of selected past installations.
Florida Stewards runs through March 13 in our new Environmental Gallery in the Rinker Environmental Learning Center (RELC), next door to the museum. Come and check it out!
Florida Formations - 500 million years of Florida geology - a tale of the state's past environments and climates as told through its distinctive rock units.
Storied Stone explores some of the lessons—geological, historic, cultural and spiritual—of the mineral world.
See what's happening Outdoors at the Gillespie Museum.
The Grounds of the Gillespie Museum and the adjacent Rinker Environmental Learning Center (RELC) provide natural space for outdoor education and place-based research, constituting an integral part of the continuing environmental programming and initiatives of the museum and of the larger Stetson community.
- Tuesday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: Open once a month for Science Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The museum will be closed during 2019-20 academic holidays, including Fall Break (September 30 - October 1); Thanksgiving Weekend (November 27 - 29); Winter Break (December 9 - January 13); Spring Holidays (March 2 - 6); and Good Friday (April 10). Staff may be reached by email (email@example.com) or phone, 386.822.7330.
- No admissions fee. Donations support educational programming.
Educational Programs (Classes K-12, scouts, homeschool groups, etc.)
- Students: $2.50
- Teachers/Chaperones: No charge
- Benefits include gift shop discount and participation in the ASTC Passport Program.