Stetson's minor in Data Analytics delivers diverse, high-demand proficiency - making you a competitive applicant across multiple industries, including finance, healthcare, technology and public administration.
Why Data Analytics at Stetson University?
Two distinct Stetson departments will collaborate to guide you: Computer Science and Business Systems and Analytics. They combine to provide an uncommonly well-rounded foundation in computing, statistics, databases and analytics. Faculty members are also actively involved in innovative research, scholarly activities, professional organizations and consulting services. In addition, Stetson's minor in Data Analytics uniquely addresses the ethical use of data in all courses.
Learn more about the Department of Business Systems and Analytics.
Annually across the United States, more than a half-million jobs are posted that require data analysis skills. A McKinsey Global Institute report identified that the U.S. needs an estimated 1.5 million data-savvy managers and analysts and will soon face a shortfall of 140,000 to 190,000 analytics workers. Data analysts enjoy high entry-level salaries, earning an average of $62,000 per year in the first two years following graduation. Related careers include data analyst, business intelligence specialist, data scientist, statistician, marketing research analyst, financial analyst and management analyst, among others.
- Shahram Amiri, EdD, College of William and Mary
- Fred Augustine, PhD, Florida State University
- Joshua Eckroth, PhD, The Ohio State University
- Hala El-Aarag, PhD, University of Central Florida
- Daniel Plante, ME, North Carolina State University, PhD, University of Notre Dame
- John Rasp, PhD, Florida State University
- Madhu Rao, PhD, University of Toronto
- William Sause, PhD, Nova Southeastern University
- Betty Thorne, PhD, Indiana University
- Joe Woodside, PhD, Cleveland State University
- Petros Xanthopoulos, PhD, University of Florida
Stetson's minor in Data Analytics is directed by the expertise of two university departments, Computer Science and Business Systems and Analytics. They combine to provide a well-rounded foundation in computing, statistics, databases and analytics. The minor is open to all Stetson undergraduate students and complements numerous existing majors.
See for yourself why Stetson continues to be a top spot for learning and exploring.Visit
Learn more about the tools you can tap into to make your college experience affordable.Explore