Post Graduate License Information
Next Steps: Applying For Licensure
Now that you've graduated, it’s time to apply to the State of Florida as either a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern, a Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern, or both! Here are some important resources. Please read carefully to ensure you complete all steps and requirements.
First, request your official letter on Stetson letterhead that verifies you have completed your Practicum and Internship. We will prepare your letter and send it to the state board.
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling (491 Board)
- Licensing and Registration
Florida Statutes and Administrative Codes
- Chapter 491: 491, Clinical, Counseling, and Psychotherapy Services
- Chapter 456: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions
- Chapter 120: Administrative Procedure Act
- Chapter 39: Proceedings Related to Children
- Chapter 90: Evidence Code
- Chapter 394: Mental Health
- Chapter 397: Substance Abuse Services
- Chapter 415: Adult Protective Services
Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
- Rules: Chapter 64B4: Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling
If you are moving to another state, please go to the appropriate board for that state for requirements.