Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) is an international honor society that values academic and professional excellence in counseling. We promote a strong professional identity through members (professional counselors, counselor educators and students) who contribute to the realization of a healthy society by fostering wellness and human dignity.
Promoting Excellence in the Profession of Counseling
Our mission is to promote scholarship, research, professionalism, leadership, advocacy and excellence in counseling, and to recognize high attainment in the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence in the profession of counseling.
Alpha Omicron Chapter
Being a part of CSI incorporates social justice, professional development and social activities. The Alpha Omicron chapter of CSI, housed at Stetson University, welcomes applications from potential new members. Applicants must have completed at least six credit hours and have maintained a 3.5 GPA.
On behalf of the Department of Counselor Education, we would like to extend our sincere congratulations to Daisy Zhou. Daisy was awarded second place in the 2018-2019 Leadership Essay Contest sponsored by Chi Sigma Iota and CACREP for her essay entitled "Leadership through Mentorship: Wellness and Connections." Daisy will be recognized with a certificate and a check at the CSI Leadership Workshop on Saturday, March 30 at 10:30 am at the ACA Conference & Expo in New Orleans. Her essay will also be published at the CSI organization, so please be sure to check it out. Congratulations, Daisy!
- Stetson CSI Annual Holiday Party & Induction
- December 14, 2019 from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. DeLand, FL, Dr. Fox's House
- Spring 2020 Portfolio Defense
- April 3 and 24, 8 a.m. to Noon (location TBD)
- Prepare and Enrich Training
- Gottman Level I Training
- Summer 2020 Induction Ceremony
- Tentatively scheduled (time and location TBD)
- Fall 2020 Portfolio Defense
- November TBD
- Suicide The Ripple Effect
- September 20, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. in Port Orange - Special Screening
- Fall 2018 Portfolio Defense
- November 16, 2018, at 8 a.m.
- Fall 2019 Portfolio Defense
- November 14-15, 2019, at 8 a.m.
Apply for Membership Today!
Interested applicants to CSI may apply in three easy steps! First, email a completed application to our chapter secretary. Next, pay local chapter dues at the CSI Squareup Store. Chapter dues are $25 per year (hint: you can lower the annual dues by selecting the option to purchase more than one year in advance). Finally, applicants will need to register and pay international dues ($50) with the CSI International Organization.
Please note, all members are required to be inducted at an induction ceremony, with inductions held twice each year. However, once your application is approved and both chapter and national dues have been paid, you are encouraged to get involved right away!
- President: Jeremy Scott - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Ericka Foster - email@example.com
- Secretary: Joey Jachec - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Mary Bernard - email@example.com
- Advocacy Committee - Melissa Basso
- Social Committee - Lisa Rockman
- Professional Development - Daisy Zhou
- Fundraising Co-Chairs - Zonovia Proctor & Taylor Milenkovic
- Page Thanasiu, Ph.D. - firstname.lastname@example.org