Counselor Education Important Dates
We have many important dates throughout each semester. Please review the Counselor Education Graduate Calendars linked from the Registrar's webpage below.
- July 15: Fall 2022 Payment Deadline
- December 15: Spring 2023 Payment Deadline
Financial arrangements for the satisfaction of student account balances must be completed prior to the first day of classes.
Annual Student Meeting
- Date: Friday, August 19, 2022 - UPDATE
- Time: 1 - 4 p.m.
- Location: Lynn Business Center Auditorium - LBC 108
Each year our Annual Student Meeting is held in August before the beginning of the Fall semester. Here, we share essential program updates and required information for the new academic year, in addition to being entered to win fun door prizes!
We will start our meeting together as colleagues, faculty and staff, and end with breakout sessions of:
- First-Year Student Orientation
- Practicum and Internship Orientation
- Preparing for your EPortfolio
We strongly encourage all to attend every year as you will be held responsible for any and all program information shared. Moreover, all students are required to attend at least one annual student meeting as a part of their degree requirements for graduation.
Advancement to Candidacy
Annually in February
Upon a student's completion of 18 hours of coursework, students become eligible to Advance to Candidacy. Faculty make advancement decisions based on the rubric criteria. Upon advancement, the Department notifies students by letter when they advance to candidacy. Failure to meet the rubric criteria at a score of three (3) or higher results in remediation of the student or dismissal from the program.
This orientation session will help students learn what to expect during their internship and provide tools and tips to maximize their experience. All students are required to attend at least one Practicum Orientation as a part of their degree requirements for graduation.
- Fall 2022 Practicum Orientation: Breakout session at the Annual Student Meeting (Aug 19th)
- Spring 2023 Practicum Orientation: TBD
CPCE Semester Testing Schedule
Registration is required multiple weeks in advance.
- C.P.C.E. Review Guide
- Fall 2022 CPCE: September 23, 2022
- Spring 2023 CPCE: testing date to be determined.
- Summer 2023 CPCE: testing date to be determined.
EPortfolio Due Dates
- Fall 2022 EPortfolio Due: UPDATE - October 31, 2022
- Spring 2023 EPortfolio Due: TBD
Fall Group Retreat
This is a one-day group retreat that is required during the COUN 504 Group Counseling Course.
Fall 2022: October 22, 2022
Location: UCF Recreation & Wellness Center
Other Workshops and Monthly Meetings
Central Florida Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Monthly Meetings
Mental Health Counselors of Central Florida Monthly Meetings