Counselor Education Important Dates
We have many important dates throughout each semester. Please review the Counselor Education Graduate Calendars linked from the Registrar's webpage below.
- May 15: Summer 2023 Payment Deadline
- July 15: Fall 2023 Payment Deadline
- December 15: Spring 2024 Payment Deadline
- May 15: Summer 2024 Payment Deadline
Financial arrangements for the satisfaction of student account balances must be completed prior to the first day of classes. Note: the monthly payment plan option is not available in the Summer term.
- Friday, August 18, Brown Hall 139/140, 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Each year our Annual Student Meeting is held in August before the beginning of the Fall semester. Here, we share essential program updates and required information for the new academic year, in addition to being entered to win fun door prizes!
We will start our meeting together as colleagues, faculty and staff, and end with breakout sessions of:
- First-Year Student Orientation
- Practicum and Internship Orientation
- To the Finish Line and Beyond: Portfolios, Applying for Jobs, License Registration
We strongly encourage all to attend every year as you will be held responsible for any and all program information shared. Moreover, all students are required to attend at least one annual student meeting as a part of their degree requirements for graduation.
Annually in February
Upon a student's completion of 18 hours of coursework, students become eligible to Advance to Candidacy. Faculty make advancement decisions based on the rubric criteria. Upon advancement, the Department notifies students by letter when they advance to candidacy. Failure to meet the rubric criteria at a score of three (3) or higher results in remediation of the student or dismissal from the program.
This orientation session will help students learn what to expect during their internship and provide tools and tips to maximize their experience. All students are required to attend at least one Practicum Orientation as a part of their degree requirements for graduation.
- Fall 2023 Practicum Orientation: Breakout session during the Annual Student Meeting - August 18
- Spring 2024 - Date to be determined
CPCE testing takes place during Practicum semesters. Testing will take place at a Pearson VUE testing location that is convenient to each student. There is a $150.00 fee for testing due at the time of registration.
- C.P.C.E. Review Guide
- Fall 2023 CPCE: Exam dates - September 1 - October 31
- Fall 2023 EPortfolio Due: Date to be determined.
- Spring & Summer 2024 EPortfolio Due: Date to be determined.
This is a one-day group retreat that is required during the COUN 504 Group Counseling Course.
Fall 2023: Saturday, October 28
Location: Stetson Aquatic Center, facilitated by Ties That Bind, Inc.