Safe Zone Resources
DeLand Campus Resources
Stetson Health Service
To promote optimal health and wellness, disease prevention and provide quality health care that is appropriate, affordable, accessible and relevant. The staff strives to empower students to be self-directed and well-informed and to continually improve the standards of health care.
- Address: 549 N. Bert Fish Ave.
- Phone: 386-822-8150
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.stetson.edu/administration/health-service/
Student Counseling Services
Student Counseling Services provides mental health services for students dealing with personal, social, academic or career concerns. Student Counseling Services can help with a wide range of concerns such as relationship issues, family problems, homesickness, addictions, depression, anxiety, loneliness and low self-esteem. Student Counseling Services helps students to achieve a more satisfying educational and life experience at Stetson. The student may contact Student Counseling Services during regular working hours by phone or in person. After hours, the student may contact a counselor by calling the Stetson Public Safety Office at 386-822-7300.
- Address: 601 N. Bert Fish Ave.
- Phone: 386-822-8900
- Website: https://www.stetson.edu/administration/student-counseling/
Committed to providing Stetson University with a safe environment allowing for an enjoyable experience for students, faculty and staff. The Department of Public Safety operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year to ensure your safety. Officers provide a full range of services including routine patrol of the campus, parking enforcement, safety inspections and after hour escort services.
- Address: 405 N. Amelia Ave.
- Phone: 386-822-7300
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.stetson.edu/administration/public-safety/
Kaleidoscope: Stetson's Gay/Straight Alliance
A community-based organization that actively pursues opportunities to promote acceptance, friendship and partnership of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Straight communities. Kaleidoscope works to create a supportive atmosphere for LGBTQIA and allied students to discuss their feelings and thoughts about sexual orientation and gender identity. Through education and awareness initiatives, it hopes to reduce anti-gay violence, harassment and discrimination by promoting a greater understanding between students, school administration and the local community.
See the Cross-Cultural Center Assistant Director for more information.
Sponsored by the Cross-Cultural Center, the Safe Zone program is designed to improve visibility and support of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA) students and employees. Safe Zone offers training on how to best assist and serve LGBTQIA students. The Safe Zone identifies a staff member, faculty member or student who has completed Safe Zone training. For a complete list of members or training opportunities please see the Safe Zone website.
- Address: 611 N. Bert Fish Ave.
- Phone: 386-822-7402
- Email Address: email@example.com
Most of the resources in the Volusia County community are those offered on campus. Here are the local resources of which we are aware:
PFLAG (Parent, Friends, and Families of Lesbians and Gays)
An organization with many chapters that provide support to LGBTQIA individuals and family members. Some chapters have monthly meetings, speakers' bureaus or annual conferences. Everyone is welcome. All meetings are confidential.
PFLAG New Smyrna Beach/Volusia
- Phone: 386-566-2422 or 386-478-9012
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
PFLAG Orlando/Central Florida
- Address: P.O. Box 141312, Orlando, FL 32814
- Phone: 407-236-9177
- Email Address: email@example.com
Gay-Friendly Local Businesses
Coffee Bistro 101
- Address: 101 N. Woodland Blvd. #101, DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-738-2776
Cook's Buffet and Bakery
- Address: 704 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-734-4339
- Address: 117 N. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-734-4545
Cafe Da Vinci
- Address: 112 W. Georgia Ave., DeLand, FL 32720
- Phone: 386-424-8282
- Address: 106 B S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32724
- Phone: 386-624-6936