WISE Leaders will serve as a knowledgeable guide, role model, and advocate for incoming first-year students throughout their first year at Stetson. Leaders will be thoughtful facilitators who provide access to people and resources. They will assist in the planning and execution of all WISE events and programming, focusing on social justice and community building.
The WISE Leaders' main responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance and direction to incoming first-year students
- Support and encourage students to maintain a good academic standing and participate in institutional activities
- Encourage team building and leadership development among WISE Leaders
- Identify and implement specific networking activities among WISE Leaders and Scholars
- Provide support and resources to help students adjust academically and socially to the campus community
- A thoughtful facilitator who provides access to people and resources
- A role model and advocate
WISE Scholars should acknowledge that while engaging in diversity and inclusion initiatives and projects that they are agents of the WISE Program and will positively represent the University to the best of their ability. Scholars are aware that the Office of Diversity and Inclusion Director and Coordinator are available to support their cultural engagement and leadership endeavors. Scholars will ensure their participation in activities that encourage others to feel safe, respected and included. Scholars understand that they are to be truthful and honest in their role as a WISE Scholar.
WISE Scholar Pledge
- I pledge to strive to be a positive change agent in my community and have selfless goals to embrace the mission and pillars of Stetson University's Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- I pledge to actively participate in meeting face-to-face with my WISE Leader once a week
- I pledge to attend all WISE programs and events
- I pledge to meet with the Coordinator once per month and utilize their resources
- I pledge to actively participate in meeting face-to-face with my WISE Leader once a week. I pledge to attend all WISE programs and events