Undocumented Student Resources
Stetson University is committed to student success, which includes providing a campus culture that reflects and values the evolving diversity of society and promotes inclusion. As a campus community, we strive to fully support all of our students, including undocumented students, families and those most directly affected by the recent phase-out of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). We have compiled information and resources to help students and their families navigate these barriers while continuing to move toward their educational goals.
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities has developed a national online resource to serve DACA/DREAMers and their families. It is titled the Community Resource Center for DACA/DREAMers and HSIs and is available in-app form by searching HACU CRC in the App Store or Google Play. and is available in-app form by searching HACU CRC in the App Store or Google Play.
Stetson Hatters Care Fund - COVID-19 is presenting unanticipated challenges for many of our students and their families. Financial worries are spreading through our community. Stetson University has fundraised money from individual donors to help students through this difficult time. Undocumented students are eligible to apply for these funds directly through Stetson’s Office of Financial Aid.
To schedule a meeting, log into Stetson SSC on the Student Life tab of MyStetson and choose to Schedule a Meeting.
Office of Student Financial Planning
421 N. Woodland Boulevard, Unit 8379
Deland, FL 32723
Please note that undocumented students and those on DACA are not eligible to receive federal funding from the CARES Act. The Hatters Care fund is privately funded and is accessible to all students.
Tangible Support for Undocumented Communities During COVID-19 - Some of the resources outlined in this document are region-specific.
Stetson University Resources
- Statement of Support from President Wendy Libby
- Student Counseling Services, Griffith Hall, 386-822-8900
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Cross-Cultural Center, 386-822-7401
- Dean of Students, Carlton Union Building, 386-822-7345
- Student Financial Planning, Rinker Welcome Center, 386-822-7000
- Office of the Registrar, Rinker Welcome Center, 386-822-7140
- WORLD International Learning, WORLD International Learning Office, 386-822-8165
- University Human Resource Services, Human Resources Building, 386-822-8710
- Student Success Center, DuPont Ball Library, 386-822-7345
Financial Information and Resources
- Financial Aid and Undocumented Students Information Sheet
- Resources for Undocumented Students in Higher Education
- Resource Guide: Supporting Undocumented Youth
- Stetson University Outside Scholarship Resources
- FastWeb! Online Scholarship Resource
- FinAid! Financial Aid and Scholarships for Undocumented Students
- MALDEF (The Latino Legal Voice for Civil Rights in America) Scholarship Resources
Legal Information and Assistance
- Iowa Immigration Service Providers and Related Resources
- Immigrant Rights and Public Policy
- ICE Policy and Enforcement Actions at Sensitive Locations
- Immigrants Rising: Immigration Legal Intake Services
Arturo R. Rios, Esq. | BA, JD, LLM
Law Office of Arturo R. Rios, P.A. Immigration Law & Deportation Defense
2929 Fifth Avenue North, St. Petersburg, Florida 33713
Phone: (727) 321-8151 | Fax: (727) 499-6872
Kate Gannon | Staff Attorney
Medical-Legal Partnership of West Volusia County
Community Legal Services of Mid Florida
312 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, Florida 32720
CLSMF Toll Free Helpline: (800) 405-1417 | Local Number: (321) 275-1062
- General Information About DACA
- Frequently Asked Questions About DACA
- Undocumented Students: What To Do Now?
Resources for Language Support
- Stetson University La Casa Cultural Latina
- English-Spanish Glossary of Student Financial Aid and Postsecondary Education (6th edition)
Resources in Our Community
- Florida Immigrant Coalition
- Hispanic Unity of Florida
- Hope CommUnity Center in Apopka
- Consulado De Mexico en Orlando