Science Cafe, October 22nd
Join us Thursday evening, October 22nd for our first Science Cafe of Fall 2015.
Florida naturalist John Serrao will present “Our Amazing Arachnids—Florida’s Spiders and Their Kin” at the Science Café at Stetson University’s Gillespie Museum, 7:00 – 8:30 pm.
Click here for more information
Sandhill Symphony: A Natural History of High Pine
Along with its permanent collection of minerals and earth science displays, including one about Smithsonian benefactor, James Smithson (a mineralogist in his own right), the museum celebrates the opening of a new photographic exhibit
More than 300 images, taken by Stetson University Professor Peter May (Biology), will introduce visitors to the flora and fauna of this vanishing ecosystem.
Dates at a Glance
- Closed for Fall Break- Thursday and Friday, 8th & 9th
- Science Cafe: Our Amazing Arachnids, Florida’s Spiders and Their Kin, October 22nd
- Mostly Green Halloween! - Saturday October 31st
- Fossil Dig at the Museum- November 14th
- Science Cafe: Sandhill science, Restoration and research in the volusia Sandhill, November 19th