Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) is an international honor society that values academic and professional excellence in counseling. We promote a strong professional identity through members (professional counselors, counselor educators and students) who contribute to the realization of a healthy society by fostering wellness and human dignity.
Promoting Excellence in the Profession of Counseling
Our mission is to promote scholarship, research, professionalism, leadership, advocacy and excellence in counseling, and to recognize high attainment in the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence in the profession of counseling.
Alpha Omicron Chapter
Being a part of CSI incorporates social justice, professional development and social activities. The Alpha Omicron chapter of CSI, housed at Stetson University, welcomes applications from potential new members. Applicants must have completed at least six credit hours and have maintained a 3.5 GPA.
Apply for Membership Today!
Please create an account on HatterSync. After your registration is complete, join the Chi Sigma Iota page (the password to join is: stetsoncsi). Complete the 'Membership Application' form, which can be found under the 'Forms' tab. Local dues can be paid in person to any current CSI officers by cash or check. After completing the local chapter application, apply to the national organization and pay the required national dues. If you have any questions please contact an officer.
- President: Abe Velez- email@example.com
- Vice President: Rachel Curry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Molly Giannotta - email@example.com
- Treasurer: Amber Giannotta - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advocacy Committee - Beth Patton & Marian Page (currently seeking candidates to backfill leadership role beginning May 2016)
- Social Committee - Brynn Lipira
- Professional Development - Raul Zambrano
- Fundraising Committee- Open position
- Page Thanasiu, Ph.D. - email@example.com
- Monthly Member Meetings (rotates between Wednesday and Thursday every other month)
- April 13, 2016 at 8:45 pm in Davis Hall (Dr Jacobson will be speaking about conducting research & the new research club)
- May 12, 2016 at 8:30 in Davis Hall
- Monthly Officers Meeting (4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm)
- April 26, 2016 at 6:30 pm via phone conference
- May 24, 2016 at 6:30 pm via phone conference
- Spring 2016 Portfolio Defense
- April 22, 2016 at 9:00 am (Allen Hall)
- Prepare and Enrich Training
- May 21, 2016 at 9:00 am (Celebration Campus)
- Gottman Level I Training
- June 3-4, 2016 9:00am-5:00 pm (Celebration Campus)
- Summer 2016 Induction Ceremony
- Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 11, 2016 (time and location TBD)