June 21-26, 2021
This week-long workshop is open to rising 9th through 12th graders and will focus on the fundamentals of brass performance and practice. Students will gain experience playing in large and small ensembles in both matching and mixed instrumental combinations. Students will also participate in daily warm-up sessions and master classes.
Nightly recitals will feature performances by Stetson Brass Camp faculty and staff, as well as selected workshop participants and chamber groups.
Documents and resources for the 2021 camp will be available at the end of spring. In the meantime, the 2019 camp documents will remain available for review.
- Ryan Sorenson, Camp Director, Professor of Tuba, Stetson University
- David Schmidt, Professor of Trombone, Stetson University
- Tom Macklin, Professor of Trumpet, Stetson University
- Kathy Thomas, Professor of Horn, Stetson University
- Douglas Phillips, Director of Bands, Stetson University
Audition Music 2021
- 2021 Brass Camp Audition Packet - (trumpet, horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba)
Welcome Packet 2019 (for reference)
- 2019 Brass Camp Welcome Letter
- 2019 Brass Camp Informed Consent Form
- 2019 Brass Camp Directions to Emily Hall
- 2019 Brass Camp Items to Bring
- 2019 Brass Camp Rules and Regulations
- 2019 Brass Camp Honors Recital Information
Schedule 2019 (for reference)
Registration Opening Soon
On Campus tuition: $600
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria, and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach