June 17-22, 2019
In order to ensure a balanced instrumentation and age distribution, the final 20 available spots in the camp will be taken from our waiting list.
This week-long workshop is open to rising 7th through 12th graders and will focus on the fundamentals of brass performance and practice. Students will gain experience playing in large and small ensembles in both matching and mixed instrumental combinations. Students will also participate in daily warm-up sessions and master classes.
Nightly recitals will feature performances by Stetson Brass Camp faculty and staff, as well as selected workshop participants and chamber groups.
The final workshop concert will feature all students in large ensemble performances.
- David Schmidt, Camp Director, Professor of Trombone, Stetson University
- Tom Macklin, Professor of Trumpet, Stetson University
- Kathy Thomas, Professor of Horn, Stetson University
- Douglas Phillips, Director of Bands, Stetson University
- Ryan Sorenson, Professor of Tuba, Stetson University
Audition Music 2019
- 2019 Brass Camp MS Horn Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp HS Horn Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp MS Trumpet Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp HS Trumpet Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp MS Trombone_Euphonium Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp HS Trombone_Euphonium Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp MS Tuba Audition Music
- 2019 Brass Camp HS Tuba Audition Music
Welcome Packet 2019
- 2019 Brass Camp Welcome Letter
- 2019 Brass Camp Informed Consent Form
- 2019 Brass Camp Directions to Emily Hall
- 2019 Brass Camp Items to Bring
- 2019 Brass Camp Rules and Regulations
- 2019 Brass Camp Honors Recital Information
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria, and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach