June 18-23, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our Brass Camp! Registration for this year's Brass Camp opens January 15.
This week-long workshop is open to rising 7th through 12th graders and will focus on the fundamentals of brass performance and practice. Students will gain experience playing in large and small ensembles in both matching and mixed instrumental combinations. Students will also participate in daily warm-up sessions and master classes.
Nightly recitals will feature performances by Stetson Brass Camp faculty and staff, as well as selected workshop participants and chamber groups.
The final workshop concert will feature all students in large ensemble performances.
- David Schmidt, Camp Director, Professor of Trombone, Stetson University
- Tom Macklin, Professor of Trumpet, Stetson University
- Kathy Thomas, Professor of Horn, Stetson University
- Douglas Phillips, Director of Bands, Stetson University
- Ryan Sorenson, Professor of Tuba, Stetson University
Audition Music 2018
All campers will complete a placement audition on the first day of camp.
- Horns, middle school
- Horns, grades 9-10
- Horns, grades 11-12
- Trombone/euphonium, middle school
- Trombone/euphonium, high school
- Trumpets, middle school
- Trumpets, high school
- Tuba, middle school
- Tuba, high school (technical excerpt)
- Tuba, high school (lyrical except)
Welcome Packet 2018
- Welcome Letter
- Informed Consent
- Rules and Regulations
- What to Bring
- Honors Recital Information
On Campus tuition: $495
Commuter tuition: $395
Brass Camp has reached capacity, but you can sign up for the waiting list (~25 slots available)
In order to monitor the instrumentation and age distribution, the brass camp will be operating on a waiting list for the remaining 25 spots in the camp. If interested in the brass camp, please fill out the registration form and you will be contacted once the spots become available.
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria, and have access to all campus recreational facilities.
Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact the our Community Outreach office: