June 21-26, 2021
This week-long workshop is open to rising 9th through 12th graders and will focus on the fundamentals of brass performance and practice. Students will gain experience playing in large and small ensembles in both matching and mixed instrumental combinations. Students will also participate in daily warm-up sessions and masterclasses. Nightly recitals will feature performances by Stetson Brass Camp faculty and staff, as well as selected workshop participants and chamber groups.
2021 Summer COVID Safety Guidelines
Please visit our FAQ page for information regarding our COVID safety guidelines including gateway testing on the first day of camps, facial covering policies and disinfection strategies.
All participants are asked to submit an audition video by Friday, May 28, at 5:00 p.m. to be judged by the Stetson University brass faculty. The selection process will be based on the submitted audition tape and instrumentation needs. Sixty students will then receive an invitation to attend the camp, and alternates will also be invited to join the waiting list. In the event that a student is not invited to attend, the deposit will be returned. Please review the Audition Music guidelines below for more information. If you have any questions, please reach out to Ryan Sorenson, Brass Camp Director.
Additional details (including the Welcome Packet) for the 2021 camp will be available at the end of spring. In the meantime, the 2019 camp documents will remain available for review.
Audition Music 2021
- 2021 Brass Camp Audition Packet - (trumpet, horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba)
- Ryan Sorenson, Camp Director, Professor of Tuba, Stetson University
- David Schmidt, Professor of Trombone, Stetson University
- Tom Macklin, Professor of Trumpet, Stetson University
- Kathy Thomas, Professor of Horn, Stetson University
Welcome Packet 2021
- 2021 Brass Camp Welcome Letter
- 2021 Brass Camp Daily Schedule
- 2021 Brass Camp Directions to Campus
- 2021 Brass Camp Items to Bring
- 2021 Brass Camp Rules and Regulations
- 2021 Brass Camp Honors Recital Information
Students who have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 or other personal challenges are invited to apply for scholarship assistance to attend Stetson Summer Music Camps. The scholarship application is available online. Scholarships are awarded by the Dean of the School of Music and Camp Director.
Schedule 2019 (for reference)
On Campus tuition: $600
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria, and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach
- [email protected]