July 8-13, 2024
The 17th Annual Brass Camp workshop is open to rising 9th through 12th graders and will focus on the fundamentals of brass performance and practice. Students are still eligible for one summer after their high school graduation. Students will gain experience playing in large and small ensembles in both matching and mixed instrumental combinations. Students will also participate in daily warm-up sessions and masterclasses. Nightly recitals will feature performances by Stetson Brass Camp faculty and staff, as well as selected workshop participants and chamber groups.
- Aaron Witek, Camp Director, Professor of Trumpet, Stetson University
- Dunwoody Mirvil, Professor of Trombone, Stetson University
- Kathy Thomas, Professor of Horn, Stetson University
- Robin Sisk, Professor of Tuba, Stetson University
2024 Audition and Honors Recital
More information on the 2024 audition placement process will be released in the spring.
- The audition process is to determine placement within ensembles; auditions do not determine participation in the camp (all students who register are invited based on instrumentation needs). If you have any questions, please reach out to Aaron Witek, Brass Camp Director.
- The Honors Recital is an opportunity for all interested participants, regardless of age, the opportunity to audition to perform a solo selection with piano accompaniment. --REVISED
Welcome Packet 2024
More information on the 2024 processes will be released in the spring.
- 2023 Brass Camp Welcome Letter
- 2023 Brass Camp Items to Bring
- 2023 Brass Camp Rules and Regulations
- 2023 Brass Camp Tentative Schedule
- Map of DeLand Campus
How to Fund Your Brass Camp Experience:
A Guide for Students and Parents
On Campus tuition: $600
Registration will open in November!
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria, and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact: