Our Faculty and Staff
Environmental Science and Studies
- Wendy Anderson, Department Chair; Ecosystem ecology, community ecology, plant physiological ecology.
- Tony Abbott, Department of Environmental Science and Studies; Latin America, climatology, GIS, development.
- Jason Evans, Assistant Professor; Landscape ecology, Interim Director of the Stetson Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience.
- Benjamin Tanner, Assistant Professor; geology, wetlands, climate and environmental change.
- Sarah Cramer, Visiting Teacher-Scholar Fellow; Sustainable Food Systems
- Catherine Day, Visiting Assistant Professor; Environmental Science, GIS; Cultural & Political Ecology
- Dennis Dickerson, Adjunct Professor.
- David Griffis, Adjunct Professor.
- Asal Johnson, Associate Professor; Public Health Program, epidemiology, neighborhood planning, global health
The following faculty members contribute to the environmental science program. Their departmental affiliations and interests are listed beside their names.
- Cynthia Bennington; Department of Biology; plant ecology
- Paul Jerome Croce; Department of American Studies; American markets and nature
- Terence Farrell; Department of Biology; reptile behavior ecology
- Kim Reiter; Department of History; ancient and medieval history
- Robert Sitler; Department of Modern Languages and Literatures; Spanish and Mayan culture
- Kirsten Work; Department of Biology; limnology, conservation biology
- Karen Cole; Director, Gillespie Museum; K-12 environmental outreach
- Michelle DeMoss; Department of Marketing; sustainability, entrepreneurship
- Missy Gibbs; Department of Biology; invasive fish biology
- Tandy Grubbs; Department of Chemistry; alternative energy and polymers
- John Jett ; Department of Biology; human-wildlife interaction
- Peter May; Department of Biology; snake biology, ornithology
- Kevin Riggs; Department of Physics; alternative energy
- John York; Department of Chemistry; fuel technology