Dennis C. McNamara Sr. Professor of Marketing
Michelle DeMoss has published numerous articles in academic and professional journals, including the Journal of Consumer Behavior, the Journal of Business Ethics and the Journal of Business Education. She is a specialist in marketing ethics, sustainable business practices and marketing education.
- PhD, marketing, University of Florida
- BS, psychology, University of Florida
After more than 30 years at Stetson, Michelle DeMoss continues to be an active business scholar in the areas of marketing ethics, sustainable business practices and marketing education. She has garnered awards and national recognition while publishing journal articles and teaching cases in leading journals in her field – including the Journal of Consumer Behavior, the Journal of Business Ethics and the Case Research Journal. Her most recent area of research specialization is sustainable business practices. Here, she helps both students and businesses identify key strategies to develop and incorporate marketing practices that address social and environmental concerns while continuing to ensure profitability and growth. Her research is reinforced by her passion for teaching and her focus on her student’s professional and personal development.
DeMoss has taught at both the undergraduate and graduate level, with courses offered in the university’s general education core (i.e., first-year seminars and junior seminars), the SoBA business core and the marketing major. Her leadership and commitment to Stetson has included over a decade as department chair as well as key roles chairing numerous SoBA and University committees. She continues to devote time to environmental and social issues in the surrounding community as part of her efforts to emphasize the important role that business has in doing good for the planet.
More About Michelle DeMoss
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Dynamics
- Marketing Internship
- The Marketplace and Consumers
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing ethics
- Sustainable business practices
- Marketing education
- "Promoting Environmental Benefits of a Product: Does it Make a Difference in Consumers' Attitudes?" Global Business and International Management Conference Journal, 2012.
- "The Effect of Quantitative Electronic Word of Mouth on Consumer Perceived Product Quality," International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, 2012.
- "The Linda Construction Company," North American Case Research Association, 2011.
- "Ethical Decision-Making: What Makes a Difference in Students' Perceptions and Behavior?" AACSB Sustainability Conference, 2011.
- "Teaching Ethics and Social Responsibility: An Evaluation of Undergraduate Business Education at the Discipline Level," Journal of Education for Business, Volume 84(4), 213-219, 2009. With Carolyn Nicholson.
- "St. Johns River Water Management District," Journal of Business Cases and Applications, Summer, 15-22, 2009. With Carolyn Nicholson.
- "Comparing Experiential Learning Techniques: The Business Student's Perspective," Society of Business, Industry, and Economics Conference Proceedings, 2010.
- "Corporate Environmental Sustainability: Its Inclusion in Business Curricula," Society of Business, Industry, and Economics Conference Proceedings, 2009.