Student Employment

Stetson students gathering at exposition tables

Another way of satisfying your financial aid requirement is to apply for employment on campus through the Student Employment Program. Working on campus will provide international students a great opportunity to not only build professional skills, and interact with other students, employees, and the community, but also investigate possible career paths. 

Find a job on campus

  1. Search for a job on
  2. Select the green HatterJobs "Student/Alums" button
  3. Log in under "Current Students: Single Sign-On"
  4. Select "Jobs and Internships" followed by "Search" from the left menu
  5. All student employment positions should appear.
  6. Select the position that you may be interested in
  7. Follow job-specific application instructions.

Steps to get a Social Security Number

International students who are employed in the U.S. must apply for a Social Security Number (SSN).

  1. Get an official job offer letter, printed on letterhead. Remember, international students can only work on campus unless they have been authorized for CPT or OPT.
  2. The letter typically comes from the Student Employment Office. A representative from Student Employment will sign the letter, then will send it to WORLD for signature. Once the letter has been signed by WORLD, you can pick it up and start gathering the required materials to apply for your SSN.
  3. The required documents include the following (we recommend calling the Social Security Office at (800) 772-1213 to confirm that you have all the required documents before going to their office):
    a. Your valid passport with an F-1 visa
    b. Your I-20
    c. Your I-94 
    d. Completed social security application
    e. Proof of employment (the signed letter)
  4. Take all of your documents to the Social Security Office and apply for your SSN.  Make sure you receive a receipt of the application.
  5. Once you receive the official receipt of the application from the Social Security office, you will need to set up an appointment with Stetson Student Employment to complete the federal employment paperwork.

OPT/CPT Employment

For more information email or call the W.O.R.L.D International Center at 386-822-8165 or [email protected]