The MFA of the Americas is a 44-credit hour program; each semester is 11 credit hours, including the final semester which culminates in a fifth residency. Having completed their final projects, graduating students join us for two nights to offer craft talks and thesis readings/performances, as we celebrate them and their work.
For the 2021-2022 academic year, the tuition is $776/credit hour, or $8536/semester (pending final Board of Trustee approval). If our January Residency is face-to-face, students will also have the option to reserve a room and/or meal plan at Atlantic Center of the Arts.
For both residencies, students are responsible for the cost of traveling to the site and books. Note: Stetson offers travel scholarships through the WORLD Rinker Center for International Learning. See below.
Financial Award Information
Students utilizing federal student loans should complete a FAFSA each year. Incoming students should complete their FAFSA immediately after being accepted. Returning students should complete a new FAFSA in March each year as long as they are in the program.
Follow the steps below to complete your FAFSA:
- Register for an FSA ID by visiting www.fsaid.ed.gov. Your FSA ID will be used to electronically sign the FAFSA. It may take up to one week to receive your ID.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year of enrollment. Include Stetson University's federal school code, 001531, when completing the FAFSA. Use your FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Visit My Stetson to check on the status of your financial aid award, review outstanding/satisfied requirements and accept or decline your aid.
To accept or decline your aid, please follow these steps:
- Log in to My Stetson.
- Click on "One Stop" tab.
- View your financial aid through the "My Financial Plan" box.
- Click on "Accept Award Offer" and follow the steps to review your aid.
To review financial aid requirements, please follow these steps:
If you have questions about federal student aid, please contact the university's Office of Financial Aid at 386-822-7120 or [email protected].
MFA Scholarship: The Villages
This scholarship provides $10,000/year to students enrolled in the MFA of the Americas program who reside in The Villages or surrounding area. Students may maintain the scholarship from entry to graduation (up to four semesters) by successfully passing each course (classes are Pass/Fail) at Stetson. To be considered for this scholarship, please indicate your interest and qualifications in your Personal Statement, submitted as part of your application package to the MFA of the Americas program. Recipients of the scholarship are selected by the Office of Financial Aid alongside the dean, faculty, and staff affiliated with the MFA of the Americas program.
WORLD Rinker Center for International Learning
Stetson University offers travel scholarships for students who are studying abroad. MFA students are eligible to apply for this funding to help offset travel costs for the international residencies. The application is generally due in early February.