Virtual Multicultural Alumni Homecoming Family Reunion
Saturday, November 6, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
This evening celebrates the diverse cultural identities of Stetson University's alumni community during Homecoming week. We gather to reconnect with our community, deepen our bonds, and enhance our University for the next generation of Hatters. Register today.
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Life and Legacy Event
Wednesday, January 19, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
This program is centered around celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior. The event is usually in the first few week of January to remember and embrace the continuation of systemic change.
Monthly Cultural Campaign
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- In the Heights Movie: September 15, 2021, in LBC 108 at 7:30 p.m.
- Different Abilities Awareness Month
- Virtual Discussion Panel: October 28, 2021, at 7:30 p.m. Register today.
- Native American Heritage Month
- Two Spirit Movie: November 17, 2021, in LBC 108 at 6:00 p.m.
- Moment of Silence: November 22, 2021, in Palm Court at noon
- Ally's Month
- First Year College Students Month
- First Generation Discussion Panel: TBD
- Black History Month
- Film Festival: TBD
- National Women's History Month
- On the Basis of Sex Movie: TBD
- Asian Pacific Islander Month
- Cultural Dialogue: TBD
Other Annual Events
- Student Leadership and Diversity Conference
- Coming Out Day: October 11, 2021, on the Stetson Green from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Only Love: February 14, 2022, from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Hatter Saturday: April 9, 2022
- Sankofa: May 4, 2022, at 7 p.m.
- Lavender Graduation: TBD
- MSC Banquet: TBD
To stay up to date on all event please follow our Instagram.
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Multicultural Student Counsel
- Woke Independent Student Empowerment
Notable Past Events
Restoring the Dream: 2021 Martin Luther King Jr. Life and Legacy Event
Keynote by Ted Small. Watch the recording.
Resistance to Transformation: 2020 Multicultural Alumni Family Reunion
Keynote by Dr. Primrose Cameron. Watch the recording.
Let's Talk Action: June 25, 2020
Part two in this series provided space for current Stetson students and alumni to share their ideas to alter the harmful patterns of racism that occur on Stetson’s campus, individually and systemically. Watch the recording.
Let's Talk Racism: June 23, 2020
Part one in this series provided space for current Stetson students and alumni to engage in storytelling and share their experiences of racism on campus and in the DeLand community. Watch the recording.
Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) has partnered with several other Stetson departments to bring awareness and start restoring our campus. Notably of which was this flash panel co-sponsored by ODI and the Brown Center for Faculty Innovation and Excellence. Watch the recording.