Multicultural Alumni Homecoming Family Reunion
This evening celebrates the diverse cultural identities of Stetson University's alumni community during Homecoming week. We gather to reconnect with our community, deepen our bonds, and enhance our University for the next generation of Hatters. Register today.
Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Life and Legacy Event
Friday, January 14, 2022, at 12 p.m.
Location: Stetson Room
This program is centered around celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior. The event is usually in the first few week of January to remember and embrace the continuation of systemic change.
Monthly Cultural Campaign
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Different Abilities Awareness Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Black History Month
- Human Library: February 16, DuPont Ball Library, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- National Women's History Month
- On the Basis of Sex Movie: TBD
- Asian Pacific Islander Month
- Cultural Dialogue: TBD
Other Annual Events
- Student Leadership and Diversity Conference
- Coming Out Day: TBD
- Only Love: TBD
- Hatter Saturday: April 9, 2022
- Sankofa: April 29, 2022, at 7 p.m. Location TBD.
- Lavender Graduation: April 8, 2022. Location/Time TBD.
- MSC Banquet: April 22, 2022. Location/Time TBD.
To stay up to date on all event please follow our Instagram.
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Multicultural Student Counsel
- Woke Independent Student Empowerment
Notable Past Events
Restoring the Dream: 2021 Martin Luther King Jr. Life and Legacy Event
Keynote by Ted Small. Watch the recording.
Resistance to Transformation: 2020 Multicultural Alumni Family Reunion
Keynote by Dr. Primrose Cameron. Watch the recording.
Let's Talk Action: June 25, 2020
Part two in this series provided space for current Stetson students and alumni to share their ideas to alter the harmful patterns of racism that occur on Stetson’s campus, individually and systemically. Watch the recording.
Let's Talk Racism: June 23, 2020
Part one in this series provided space for current Stetson students and alumni to engage in storytelling and share their experiences of racism on campus and in the DeLand community. Watch the recording.
Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) has partnered with several other Stetson departments to bring awareness and start restoring our campus. Notably of which was this flash panel co-sponsored by ODI and the Brown Center for Faculty Innovation and Excellence. Watch the recording.