The LaValle Scholarship is awarded to devoted and disciplined students of the arts majoring in a Creative Arts discipline (Studio Art, Art History, Digital Arts or Theatre Arts). LaValle Scholar-Artists will demonstrate a passion for honing their talent in a liberal arts setting. Their application materials will establish that they have tremendous potential to interpret the world around them and to communicate that interpretation in a particular art medium.
To apply for a LaValle Scholarship, you must have applied to Stetson under our Early Decision (November 1), Early Action (November 15), Rolling Decision plan or be a current student. Students may only apply to one of the disciplines that they intend on majoring in. The deadline to submit this scholarship application is December 1.
Please submit the following materials dependent upon your intended area of study:
- Studio Art: Artist Statement and Portfolio
- Art History: Writing Sample (Research Style Paper OR Art Criticism Essay)
- Digital Arts: Artist Statement and Portfolio
- Theatre Arts: Artist Statement and portfolio (for design) OR audition recording (for performance)
* Portfolios should include at least two examples of finished work, and Artist Statements should be from 1-2 pages in length. All application materials must be submitted electronically.