Councils and Committees
In support of the educational mission of the University, faculty actively participate in shaping our community. As an important facet of governance, faculty and staff members are expected to be willing to share in the work of the University through councils, committees, and task forces.
The inidividual council and committee links below are for secure webpages; log in may be required. More information on councils and committees is available in the Stetson University Policies and Procedures Section 2 - Organization and Administration of the University.
University councils, committees, and task forces are established with the mission to:
- Carry out ongoing work and special projects related to the educational purposes of the University;
- Insure creativity, involvement, and communication among the faculty in the work of the University;
- Assure faculty representation in and communication with the administration of the University in all matters involving their mutual concern;
- Unify the University in its common tasks;
- Give faculty members a share in the decision making processes which affect their well-being and work; and
- Distribute the work load of the University as evenly as possible.
University committees are appointed by the Provost, who consults with the Dean’s Council and the Executive Committee of the Faculty Senate regarding membership and chairs.
Each committee, within the general framework of its description of responsibilities, develops its own procedures. These should include the keeping of minutes. At the end of each year, a brief summary annual report of the actions of the committee and any recommendations should be made to the Provost.
Council and Committees Listing
The following councils and committees report to the President or to the President's Cabinet
The following councils and committees report to the Provost.
Honors Program Executive Committee
Institutional Review Board for Human Participants
Univeristy Promotion and Tenure Committee
Dean and AVP
The following are the councils and committees who report to the Provost through an academic dean or assistant/associate vice president.
Continuing Education and Life Long Learning Committee
Digital Arts Committee
Health Care Issues Program Committee
Undergraduate Research Committee
University Writing Program
Women and Gender Studies Committee