Institutional Review Board
The Institutional Review Board is charged with protecting human subjects involved in research by Stetson University faculty, staff, and students. The IRB reviews research protocols, the informed consent process, and the procedures used to enroll participants to ensure that research is conducted ethically and in compliance with Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects and university regulations.
Any "systematic investigation designed to develop or contribute to generalizable knowledge that involves obtaining information about living individuals through intervention or interaction with those individuals" requires IRB review. Research that does not involve direct contact with subjects may also require IRB review if the information obtained is identifiable (it can be associated with a particular person) and private (people could reasonably expect that their behavior will not be observed or that the information they provide will not be made public). If you have questions about whether your research requires IRB review, please contact the IRB Chair.
To submit your protocol for review, or to learn more about the IRB process, please visit Pollard IRB.
If you have additional questions, please contact the IRB Chair, Dr. Michael Eskenazi, at [email protected] or 386-822-7398.
2022-2023 IRB Members
- Michael Eskenazi, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology
- Timothy Kaye, PhD, Professor of Law
- Chadley Ballantyne, PhD, Assistant Professor of Music, Voice
- Sarah Garcia, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Rick Medlin, PhD, Professor of Psychology
- Carol Azab, PhD, Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Meryl Baker, PhD, community representative