Double Reed Workshop
June 9-15, 2019
Stetson University's 36th annual Double Reed Workshop is an intense weeklong workshop focusing on the fundamental principles of double reed performance, including specialized classes in reed-making techniques. The workshop encompasses chamber music for double reed ensembles, as well as master and performance classes. All participants play in the double reed band and chamber ensembles and are eligible to audition for the Young Artists Recital.
The Double Reed Workshop welcomes oboists and bassoonists entering 7th through 12th grades.
- Dione Chandler, Adjunct professor of music (oboe), Stetson University
- Gabriel Bergeron-Langlois, Adjunct professor of music (bassoon), Stetson University
- Douglas Phillips, Director of bands, Stetson University
Welcome Packet 2018
The 2019 Welcome Packet will be available closer to the start of the workshop.
- Welcome Letter
- Audition Requirements
- Sample Schedule
- Reed Kit Pricing
- Informed Consent Form
- Rules and Regulations
- What to Bring
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact the following:
- Dione Chandler, Workshop Director
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach