Double Reed Workshop
June 14-19, 2021
Stetson University's 37th annual Double Reed Workshop is an intense six-day workshop focusing on the fundamental principles of double reed performance, including specialized classes in reed-making techniques. The workshop encompasses chamber music for double reed ensembles, as well as master and performance classes. All participants play in the double reed band and chamber ensembles and are eligible to audition for the Young Artists Recital.
The Double Reed Workshop welcomes oboists and bassoonists entering 7th through 12th grades.
The 2021 Welcome Packet will be available at the end of spring. In the meantime, the 2019 workshop documents will remain available for review.
2021 Summer COVID Safety Guidelines
Please visit our FAQ page for information regarding our COVID safety guidelines including gateway testing on the first day of camps, facial covering policies and disinfection strategies.
- Dione Chandler, Adjunct professor of music (oboe), Stetson University
- Gabriel Bergeron-Langlois, Adjunct professor of music (bassoon), Stetson University
- The Welcome Packet includes a letter from the director, audition requirements, directions to campus, items to note, and the required forms for attendance.
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact the following:
- Dione Chandler, Workshop Director
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach