What is Financial Literacy?
Financial literacy is the ability to use knowledge and skills to manage financial resources effectively for a lifetime of financial well-being. Our goal is to help equip students with knowledge and skills to make better decisions about their financial resources. This includes personal finances, investing, budgeting, paying for college, how to protect yourself from identity theft, understanding your financial aid and the FAFSA, preparing for life after college with career and professional development.
Attend one of our free Fall 2018 events below. Students will be able to earn cultural credit for approved events. Check the Cultural Credit Calendar for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 386-822-7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Aid opened October 1, 2018. We will be offering presentations and workshops throughout the fall semester to help students and families with understanding and completing the FAFSA. Presentations will also cover the Basics of Financial Aid.
If attending a workshop, we will be completing the FAFSA on-site. Please come prepared with the following: 2017 income tax return information and W-2s, Your social security number or alien registration number, Recent bank account statement and investment account statement (if applicable), Records of untaxed income (if applicable) and FSA ID (if created).
*Cultural credit is available for all FAFSA presentations/workshops.
- October 4, 2018, 11:30-12:30 p.m., Rinker Welcome Center Lynn Room
- October 30, 2018, 5:00-6:00 p.m., Rinker Welcome Center Lynn Room
- November 1, 2018, 11:30-12:30 p.m., Rinker Welcome Center Lynn Room
- November 27, 2018, 5:00-6:00 p.m., Rinker Welcome Center Lynn Room
- October 9, 2018, 11:30-12:30 p.m., Lynn Business Center 322
- October 25, 2018, 11:30-12:30 p.m., Lynn Business Center 322
- November 15, 2018, 5:00-6:00 p.m., Lynn Business Center 322
- November 28, 2018, 2:00-3:00 p.m., Lynn Business Center 322
Resources and Tools
SALT This program is a free online financial literacy program that will help you achieve your financial goals.
Feed the Pig The Tools You Need to Manage your Money