Student Life Scholarships
Community Advocate Scholarship
Stetson University's Residential Living and Learning sees the value in emerging leaders participating in residential learning program. Residential Learning Programs are created at Stetson to enhance the residential and educational experience of students. Participants live together in a residence hall community and actively engage in fostering community connection by providing a holistic approach to personal development and learning through academic partnerships, service-learning opportunities, research initiatives and intentional and focused programming efforts. Residents who are excited to create inclusive and dynamic communities, which are vital to the success and mission of the Residential Living and Learning. The Community Advocate (CA) Scholarship is designed to assist residents who are seeking to move past success to significance in the realm of leadership within their residence hall through themed communities. This scholarship will provide $1000 on an annual basis ($500 per semester).
To find out more details about our current themed communities please visit stetson.edu/housing. More details for new themed communities coming soon.
Potential scholarship recipients must meet the following qualifications:
- 3.5 GPA in high school for first year applicants & 3.0 GPA at Stetson University or another university or college
- Enrolled for a full time course load (4 units or 16 credit hours)
- Willing to commit an average of 5 hours a week to Residential Learning Program initiatives such as attending/partnering with Resident Assistant, other CAs and faculty advisors to put on events/programs, provide passive educational opportunities and/or engage in community building activities
- Value the importance of educational interactions in and out of the classroom
- Display leadership potential
- Willing to be a resident of the themed community however not required (currently only available to First Year Experience, Women's Leadership, Living Well)
How to Apply
For questions about Community Advocate Scholarship please email Jessica Day, Associate Director of Residential Education and Community Programs, at [email protected]