Office of Institutional Inclusive Excellence
The Office of Institutional Inclusive Excellence is dedicated to promoting Stetson University's commitment to an inclusive and collaborative environment for all students and employees.
The Office's Executive Officer serves as Stetson's chief diversity officer and works in concert with experts across the university's three campuses (the DeLand campus and the College of Law's Gulfport and Tampa campuses) to lead inclusive excellence strategies and promote the institutional outcomes that generate from environments that are diverse, equitable and inclusive of all Stetson students, staff, and faculty. As a university community, we aim to amplify Stetson's exceptional focus on a relationship-rich and personalized educational and working environment where all community members can thrive as their authentic selves.
Learn more about Carmen Johnson, Esq., Stetson University's Executive Officer for Institutional Inclusive Excellence.
Our Work Together
The Stetson community is fortunate to have a wealth of administrative, faculty, and student leaders who are passionate about the shared ownership and expertise it takes to foster an inclusive intellectual environment that proactively supports the unique needs of each community member. In close collaboration with these partners, the Executive Officer's primary responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the university's campus climate initiatives and campus climate survey processes
- Coordinating with the President's Office and President's Cabinet to amplify and develop diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in support of the university's strategic plan
- Operationalizing university-wide resources and frameworks to support campus diversity leaders in their respective areas of focus (student services, academic services, or employee services)
- Broadening inclusive collaboration opportunities across the university's three campuses
- Offering guidance on inclusive and equitable best practices for employee and student initiatives/policies
Highlights of Ongoing Collaborative Projects (2023-2024):
- Inclusive Excellence Strategic Planning
- Campus Climate Assessment
- Cultural Observance Frameworks
- Inclusive Hiring Guidelines (Staff and Faculty), in collaboration with Human Resources and the Provost's Office
- Inclusive Excellence communications strategies throughout the Stetson community
- University's Diversity Committee - Equity & Inclusion Strategy Group
» Visit Stetson University's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Portal
» Visit the College of Law's Inclusive Excellence Page
Location and Office Hours
The office is based on the College of Law's campus in Gulfport during regular business hours. The Executive Officer also has monthly office hours on the DeLand campus in the Carlton Union Building (CUB).
To request a one-on-one virtual or in-person meeting or a collaborative group meeting/presentation, please email [email protected].
Spring 2024 In-Person Office Hours - DeLand Campus
While we aim for consistency, our DeLand office hours are subject to change due to varying needs across Stetson's campuses. Please check the DeLand campus event calendar for the most updated information.
- January 22-24, 2024
- February 26-28, 2024
- March 18-20, 2024
- April 15-17, 2024
Meet the Team
Coordinator, Office of Institutional Inclusive Excellence
Email: [email protected]
Carmen Johnson, Esq.
Executive Officer for Institutional Inclusive Excellence
Email: [email protected]