DuPoint Library in Fog

Incoming Exchange - Entry Requirements


Exchange students come to the United States on a J-1 student visa.  Once you are admitted into the program, WORLD will provide you with a DS-2019 form and instructions on how to apply for your visa.

Health Insurance

Exchange students are required by law to have health insurance while studying abroad in the United States.  Stetson does not have a specific plan, but please ensure that the plan you choose meets the minimum requirements. During International Student Orientation, you will be required to provide proof of medical insurance in the United States.

For more information about insurance and our on-campus health services, please visit the SU Health Services Website. For information specific to international students (including the minimum coverage required by U.S. law and recommended plans), please visit our Insurance Information for International Students page.