June 24-29, 2019
The weeklong Stetson University Saxophone Workshop focuses on the fundamental principles of saxophone performance and includes an emphasis on playing techniques and performance practices. Students participate in large ensembles, chamber groups, masterclasses, nightly jazz classes and more. All participants audition and play in a saxophone band and in a chamber ensemble beginning on the first day of the workshop. Eligible students may receive a private lesson from one of the faculty and are eligible to audition to perform a solo during the young artists' concert on Thursday evening. All students perform during Friday evening's chamber music concert. The final concert Saturday morning includes performances of the two saxophone bands.
The Saxophone Workshop is open to saxophonists entering grades 7 through 12.
- Dan Ferri, Workshop director, Instructor of Saxophone, Stetson University
- Douglas Phillips, Director of Bands and Visiting Assistant Professor of Music, Stetson University
- Jeremy Williamson, Director of Bands, Jackson Heights Middle School, Oviedo, FL
- Bill Guthrie, Director of Bands, Ormond Beach Middle School
- Marc Kolodinsky, Community Professional Saxophone Teacher and Performer
- Daniel Noyes, Community Professional Saxophone Teacher and Performer
Audition Music 2019
- Saxophone Workshop 2019 Audition Music, 7-9 Grade
- Saxophone Workshop 2019 Audition Music, 10-12 Grade
- Saxophone Workshop 2019 Audition Music - Scales
- Saxophone Workshop 2019 Placement Auditions Description
- Saxophone Workshop 2019 Video Audition Instructions
Welcome Packet 2019
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Dan Ferri, Workshop Director
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach