June 24-29, 2024
The 20th Annual Stetson University Saxophone Workshop focuses on the fundamental principles of saxophone performance and includes an emphasis on playing techniques and performance practices. Students participate in chamber groups, masterclasses, jazz classes and more. All participants audition and play in a saxophone band and in a chamber ensemble beginning on the first day of the workshop. Eligible students may receive a private lesson from one of the faculty and are eligible to audition to perform a solo during the young artists' concert. All students perform during Friday evening's chamber music concert. The final concert Saturday morning includes performances of the two saxophone bands.
The Saxophone Workshop is open to saxophonists entering grades 7 through 12.
- Timothy Rosenberg, Workshop director, Instructor of Saxophone, Stetson University
- Jeremy Williamson, Director of Bands, Jackson Heights Middle School, Oviedo, FL
- Marc Kolodinsky, Director of Bands, Lyman High School, Longwood, FL
- Daniel Noyes, Community Professional Saxophone Teacher and Performer
- Daniel Smith, Associate Director of Bands, Winter Park High School, Winter Park, FL
- Jenny Rocco, Music Teacher, Mollie Ray Elementary School, Pine Hills, FL
- Steven Amann, Adjunct Professor of Saxophone and Clarinet at Seminole State College, Sanford, FL
More information on the 2024 audition placement process will be released in the spring.
Welcome Packet 2024
More information on the 2024 processes will be released in the spring.
On Campus tuition: $600
Registration now open!
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
Timothy Rosenberg, Workshop Director
Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach