June 28-July 3, 2021
The weeklong Stetson University Saxophone Workshop focuses on the fundamental principles of saxophone performance and includes an emphasis on playing techniques and performance practices. Students participate in chamber groups, masterclasses, jazz classes and more. All participants audition and play in a saxophone band and in a chamber ensemble beginning on the first day of the workshop. Eligible students may receive a private lesson from one of the faculty and are eligible to audition to perform a solo during the young artists' concert. All students perform during Friday evening's chamber music concert. The final concert Saturday morning includes performances of the two saxophone bands.
The Saxophone Workshop is open to saxophonists entering grades 7 through 12.
The 2021 Welcome Packet and audition requirements will be available at the end of spring. In the meantime, the 2019 workshop documents will remain available for review.
2021 Summer COVID Safety Guidelines
Please visit our FAQ page for information regarding our COVID safety guidelines including gateway testing on the first day of camps, facial covering policies and disinfection strategies.
Students who have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19 or other personal challenges are invited to apply for scholarship assistance to attend Stetson Summer Music Camps. The scholarship application is available online. Scholarships are awarded by the Dean of the School of Music and Camp Director.
- Dan Ferri, Workshop director, Instructor of Saxophone, Stetson University
- Jeremy Williamson, Director of Bands, Jackson Heights Middle School, Oviedo, FL
- Bill Guthrie, Director of Bands, Ormond Beach Middle School
- Marc Kolodinsky, Community Professional Saxophone Teacher and Performer
- Daniel Noyes, Community Professional Saxophone Teacher and Performer
Audition Music 2021
- 2021 Saxophone Workshop Video Recording Instructions
- 2021 Saxophone Workshop Placement Audition Instructions
Welcome Packet 2021
On Campus tuition: $600
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Dan Ferri, Workshop Director
- Sara Scarpelli, Director of Community Outreach