July 17-21, 2017
The Stetson University Vocal Camp will be offered next summer at Stetson University's historic DeLand campus. The five-day camp is open to singers who have completed 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (singers are still eligible for one summer after their high school graduation). Instruction will focus on the core fundamentals of singing and musical expression, including private voice lessons and a variety of theatrical and ensemble performance opportunities. Students must select either the opera track or the musical theater track, and in addition, all students will sing in a large and a small choir. Music theory classes will range from basic to advanced high school. Other highlights include a workshop on college applications and auditions, a faculty recital, student talent show, a music retailer on hand with a variety of musical materials, and opportunities to perform solos and work with other talented singers in chamber ensembles. The lessons, classes and rehearsals are taught by music faculty members from the Stetson University School of Music in the voice and choral areas.
- Timothy Peter, camp director, director of choral activities, Stetson University
- Andrew Larson, associate professor of choral studies and associate director of choral activities, Stetson University
- Jane Christeson, professor of music and voice, Stetson University
- Craig Maddox, associate professor music and voice, Stetson University
- Karen Coker-Merritt, assistant professor of music (voice), Stetson University
- Jamison Walker, assistant professor of voice, Stetson University
- Sandra Peter, conductor, Stetson University
Please see the documents below for more information about this year's camp.
On Campus tuition: $495
Commuter tuition: $395
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have questions please contact: