July 12-16, 2016
The weeklong Stetson University Flute Workshop focuses on building performance and musicianship skills and features technique classes, master classes, flute choirs, small ensembles and private lessons, with additional classes in rhythm, theory and music history.
The Stetson University Flute Workshop will be offered this summer at Stetson University's historic DeLand campus. The five day workshop is open to students entering grades seven through twelve. The faculty will perform in an evening recital and guest artists will present clinics on various topics related to the flute. The culmination of the workshop will be the students' final concert for family and friends.
It should be emphasized that although there will be free-time activities, the focus of the workshop is on learning; the workshop is an intensive educational and musical experience. Students should have progressed beyond a beginning level of instruction. Exceptional sixth graders may be considered for acceptance.
- Tammy Phillips, Camp Coordinator, Flute, Stetson University
- Carlos Velez, Technology, Stetson University
- Beth Larsen, Flute, Naples Philharmonic
- Bill Larsen, Flute, Southwest Florida Symphony
Placement auditions for the workshop ensembles will be held on the first day of the workhsop. Each student should prepare the appropriate selection below for that audition. 9th graders may choose which selection to prepare.
- Registration deadline: June 20, 2016
- Tuition (resident): $495 (includes instruction, room and board, and t-shirt)
- Tuition (commuter): $405 (includes instruction, lunches and dinners, and t-shirt)
Participants will be housed in the Stetson University residence halls, eat in the student cafeteria and have access to all campus recreational facilities. Counselors will stay in the residence halls with the participants. Participants are supervised at all times.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Tammy Phillips, Workshop Coordinator
- (386) 822-8978